• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

? regarding age to OC

res2cue

Rhode Island and own a small parcel in western Mai
Hello everyone,
I just recently purchase a chunk of land in western Maine. I also have my non-res CCW permit from Maine.
I would like to have my 14y/o daughter OC and for the life of me can not find an age limit for OC. I did see that to get a CCW permit you have to be over 18. but that is not what I am looking for. I am going to have my wife start OCing but she does not have any permits (Working on getting her RI rest CCW permit) so as long as her is not loaded in the truck she is good to go.
I would like to see the expression on some folks faces when they see a 14y/o OCing with a pink Sig Sauer Mosquito 22lr strap on her hip. She has been through the state of Mass

Hope someone can give me the info on this matter.
Thanks!

carry for myself

cant find a limit anywhere. however i would make darn skippy sure that your with her when she does it. lol upload pics!

boyscout399

Maine has no age limit to OC, however, possession of a pistol under 18 is a federal crime, as is providing that pistol to the minor. Possession of a long gun under 18 is not federally regulated.

There are a few exceptions to that federal law. Basically the section does not apply to a temporary transfer or the possession of a handgun by a juvenile if the handgun is possessed in the course of employment, in the course of ranching or farming related activities at the juveniles residence, target practice, or hunting. The juvenile must also have prior written consent from a parent or guardian with them while carrying.