• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Dear Greg Abbott,

mustangkiller

I just sent this to him. Let's see what happens.....

Mr. Abbott,

My name is Ryan Grover of Kingsville, Tx. I was hoping to get a few minutes of your time to talk about the unconstitutionality of P.C. 46.02.
As you know SCOTUS has, in the last few years, ruled in favor of the individuals right to keep and bear arms. What you may not know is they have also ruled on a few other cases that have direct connections to the Second Amendment and our Texas Constitutional right to keep and bear arms. I would like to direct you to a few of these cases and ask that after you review them you act accordingly to get our current laws repealed and/or reworked to reflect these SCOTUS rulings.

Murdock V Pennsylvania 319 US 105: "No state shall convert a liberty into a privilege, license it and charge a fee therefore."

Sherer V Cullen 481 F 946: "There can be no sanction or penalty imposed upon one because of this exercise of constitutional rights."

Shuttlesworth V City of Birmingham Alabama 373 US 262: "If the state turns a right ( liberty ) into a privilege, the citizen can ignore the license and fee, and engage in the right ( liberty ) with impunity."

This is just a small sample of the SCOTUS rulings that apply to the 2A.

Thank you for your time fell free to contact me with questions or comments.