• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Greater Richmond Area OC Breakfast, Sat 5/28. 9:30 AM

speed41ae

Greater Richmond Area OC Breakfast, Sat 5/28. 9:30 AM

River City Diner

Parham Rd & I-95...................[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]view map[/FONT]
803 East Parham Rd
804-266-1500
Richmond, VA 23227

I have not seen a post about this yet, so I am doing it. I am planning to be there and I am sure that will be there too.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Although some of "the usual suspects" were not there, we met for breakfast and had a wonderful time. Both the food and the company were enjoyable. We talked some serious trash about those who did not show up - as usual. The highlight of the morning was probably watching the State Trooper who came in for a meal, who was fiddling like Charlie Daniels with his holstered handgun. I hate to think of what he would have done if he saw one of us doing that. (No, we did not go look for his name/badge number.)

stay safe.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Although some of "the usual suspects" were not there, we met for breakfast and had a wonderful time. Both the food and the company were enjoyable. We talked some serious trash about those who did not show up - as usual. The highlight of the morning was probably watching the State Trooper who came in for a meal, who was fiddling like Charlie Daniels with his holstered handgun. I hate to think of what he would have done if he saw one of us doing that. (No, we did not go look for his name/badge number.)

stay safe.

He just knew I wasn't there to make you behave:lol:

BTW, bushhogged 40 acres in and out of the rain, saw 12 Deer, my big 600 pound bear, stepped on a blacksnake and near had a heart attack, got stung or bitten by something that has my leg swollen up like a roadkill possum in July and planted garden #3:eek:

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Notably good food and company.

Next time you see him, ask JC about the erupting ketchup bottle - colorful display.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Notably good food and company.

Next time you see him, ask JC about the erupting ketchup bottle - colorful display.

I can't wait to hear that story..:lol:

Speaking of JC, here is my bear and the new yote:

coyote1e.jpg

bear4800.jpg

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Peter - That is a gorgeous bear and your yote seems to have a genuine attitude - perhaps he just heard about Surry. :lol:

sidestreet

Yep, AD at RCD!!!,

Had an AD with a plastic compact model the other morning and it looked like we had some collateral damage also. No, it wasn't a Glock (which wouldn't be all that surprising), it was a bottle of Heinz ketchup!!! It was definitely not the slowest ketchup in the East, West, North or South..., at least not Saturday morning.

I "acquired my grip" on the bottle (but not too tightly), "drew" it from the far edge of the table and pointed it "downrange" at my intended target (home fries), thumb flipped the "safety" (cap) off, and blam!!! There was a loud pop and could feel that red liquid running down the side of my face. I looked over and saw that "Lil' Miss sidestreet" was "hit" too!

Aid was quickly rendered by Miss Courtney who immediatly began wiping me and "Lil' Miss" off. She asked "Did that just explode on you?", and I said "Yes.", and she said "That's like the third one that's happened to." Miss Courtney cleaned me and "Lil' Miss" up pretty well, although there was some more on my trousers, Mrs. sidstreet was there and so I figured I wouldn't point that out, let it pass, and clean that myself.

Miss Courtney brought me another plate of food and the Manager brought us some napkins and another bottle of ketchup, but I said "Nah, I think I'll just take'm "nekkid" this time.", and he said "Well, that might be okay at your house, but we got kids and old ladies around here!", I said "No, not me silly, the home fries!"

And NO, I didn't have my finger on the trigger (never even saw a trigger actually), so don't even start with that KYFFOOTFT stuff, 'cause I got reliable witnesses, so there!

So check your bottles next time and make sure they aren't some knockoff brand from Afghanistan bottled by some guy named Al Kada. That goes for your steak sauce too, had to make sure when I got home that it was Heinz 57 and not Heinz 357 sauce!!!

How much of this is true? Well, most of it, but it was all pretty funny. Come to the next one and I'll give it to you staight! We've had some of our best times at RCD, and this was no different..., really!

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

sidestreet

p.s.

once again, awsome pics, Peter!!!

sidestreet

Oh yeah...,

I should have known it was going to be strange morning when the Grape showed up heelin' a wheel gun!!!

sidestreet

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I should have known it was going to be strange morning when the Grape showed up heelin' a wheel gun!!!

It's a concession I make, if I'm going to "work" - that's a 4 letter word.
Allows me to make it disappear easily (mod 66), if I am doing some repairs in the home of someone not fully accepting and doesn't subject my baby to grit/dirt.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
It's a concession I make, if I'm going to "work" - that's a 4 letter word.
Allows me to make it disappear easily (mod 66), if I am doing some repairs in the home of someone not fully accepting and doesn't subject my baby to grit/dirt.

Do you even know how to work one of them things Grape?:uhoh: