• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Playing with my New TOYS!!! and testing some old ones...

1245A Defender

got a new draco shot about 60 rounds,,, Wow!
a little trouble getting it started, two tries,, but then, the FUN!!
my friend shot it and i watched, about one foot out, a two foot bloom of fire..

the CZ-52 ran without a hitch, worked perfect,
three mags without a hickup, nice easy shooting, snappy recoil, fun.

yugo M-57 perfect as the other, no problems, perfect performance,
two mags though it no problems, easy shooting, snappy recoil.

CZ-82, really like this gun a lot, three twelve round mags, DA/SA trigger is just fine,
no hickups, easy recoil, ambi controls, whats not to like?

P-38, still some stove piping out if one of the mags, made some lip adjustments.

grendel P-12, been repaired, shot fine, but trigger had some problems resetting,
did some oiling and testing when i got home, we'll see next time.

Raven 25, rebuilt slide, shot just fine, but somehow would apply the safety on its own,
been filing and adjusting the tension to stop that from happening, we'll see.

FNP-45, nothing to report, it never fails to make me smile!!

Tanfoglio GT-380, repaired, works perfectly, nothing to report, smiles...

TEC-22, repaired, fired every time, but its having trouble ejecting, the shells are
hanging up, laying inside the action, going to try a softer recoil spring setup, we'll see...

Star modelo super A, no problems at all, eight mags, all feed perfectly, but
i did get my traditional hammer bite, just a pinch not bloody!

my other star, it has a crushed hammer spring, i tried stretching it, but it didnt help,
got to get some new springs from the web, it didnt work good,
now i feel sad...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Star modelo super A, no problems at all, eight mags, all feed perfectly, but
i did get my traditional hammer bite, just a pinch not bloody!

my other star, it has a crushed hammer spring, i tried stretching it, but it didnt help,
got to get some new springs from the web, it didnt work good,
now i feel sad...
If you can't find the spring through Wolff or similar, go direct to IPAR Guns - they bought all of the machinery, parts and specs from Star and are still in business today.

IPAR Guns
E-mail: iparguns@iparguns.com
Phone: +34 943 20 41 17
Fax : +34 943 12 09 06
http://www.star-firearms.com/info/parts.shtml

Badger Johnson

I believe, but am not sure, you need pics!! (or it didn't happen).

Also, you'll get more drooling and stuff. My buddy has a CZ and loves it (HG).

1245A Defender

I believe, but am not sure, you need pics!! (or it didn't happen).

Also, you'll get more drooling and stuff. My buddy has a CZ and loves it (HG).
001-10.jpg

001-12.jpg

010.jpg

002-6.jpg

002.jpg

021.jpg

003.jpg

Badger Johnson

Nice :monkey:

What is that uglee thing on your waist with the flap? Love the machine gun looking one - pretty small. What does it shoot? NATO rounds?

M

McX

Yugo?! is it like the car was? All these new goodies! have you gotten permission from the Atomic Energy Commission to use them?!

tombrewster421

I just went to Mary's Pistols and put some money down on a Draco pistol for myself. Can't wait to have some fun with that thing!

Dreamer

I bought a Grendel P12 sometime after they first came out (I think I got mine in 1991). I was a fun little gun, but it kicked like a mule, considering it was a .380 auto.

I remember that it actually had more perceived recoil than my Colt Delta Elite 10mm, firing Federal HydraShoks out of both, which was a real surprise.

It was small, ugly, and kicked hard, but it was a reliable pistol, and relatively accurate for what it was.

I sold it about 10 years ago, and have been regretting it ever since...

However, I recently found a spare mag for it, and I think I have a factory original box as well (Pretty sure it has the original manual too!) that I might be convinced to part with for the right price (or trade) if you are interested.