Thread: Question from an out of stater

Question from an out of stater

My wife and I will be in your state next week. My brief understanding of Missouri's gun laws are as follows, in a vehicle, open or concealed is legal, no permit necessary. Conceal carry, permit required, open carry depends on local ordinances. Is this correct. Thanks in advance for your help.

I believe you hit it on the head. Welcome to Missouri! Just stay away from Maplewood =P

Thanks Chak for your quick response. It seems Missouri gun laws, like Wisconsin gun laws are a mess. We are in the process of trying to fix ours as I am sure you are trying to fix yours.

Lightbulb

The only thing I might add is that MO accepts any CC permit from any other state or local government. OC is pretty much legal everywhere, but definitely check first.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    My wife and I will be in your state next week. My brief understanding of Missouri's gun laws are as follows, in a vehicle, open or concealed is legal, no permit necessary. Conceal carry, permit required, open carry depends on local ordinances. Is this correct. Thanks in advance for your help.
    The St. Louis area is pitted with municpalities that prohibit OC!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Welcome to Missouri! (when you get here )

Almost the entire Kansas City area (in Missouri) is fine, except "North Kansas City" and Smithville. Everything I have seen on I-70 is fine until you get to St Louis. Then it is hit and miss.

Enjoy your visit!

Also Parkville and Gladstone are anti-OC

What ever you do. Do not open carry in St.Louis city. They are a cess pool of liberals.

Well Max yes we are trying to fix our messed up gun laws, just like you guys are but from what ive seen you have the same problem with liberals that we do. I wish they would just pull their heads out of their asses and realize that this is not a perfect world. And to answer ur question we can help you out a lot better if we know where in MO u are going and roughly the route u plan on using to get there. I f we know that we can mostly keep you safe, except for the LEOs that are anti, we cant stop them from being pricks. lol.