• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Question from an out of stater

Max

My wife and I will be in your state next week. My brief understanding of Missouri's gun laws are as follows, in a vehicle, open or concealed is legal, no permit necessary. Conceal carry, permit required, open carry depends on local ordinances. Is this correct. Thanks in advance for your help.

Max

Thanks Chak for your quick response. It seems Missouri gun laws, like Wisconsin gun laws are a mess. We are in the process of trying to fix ours as I am sure you are trying to fix yours.

kcgunfan

The only thing I might add is that MO accepts any CC permit from any other state or local government. OC is pretty much legal everywhere, but definitely check first.

mspgunner

My wife and I will be in your state next week. My brief understanding of Missouri's gun laws are as follows, in a vehicle, open or concealed is legal, no permit necessary. Conceal carry, permit required, open carry depends on local ordinances. Is this correct. Thanks in advance for your help.

The St. Louis area is pitted with municpalities that prohibit OC!

peterarthur

Welcome to Missouri! (when you get here :) )

Almost the entire Kansas City area (in Missouri) is fine, except "North Kansas City" and Smithville. Everything I have seen on I-70 is fine until you get to St Louis. Then it is hit and miss.

Enjoy your visit!

Marc

Well Max yes we are trying to fix our messed up gun laws, just like you guys are but from what ive seen you have the same problem with liberals that we do. I wish they would just pull their heads out of their asses and realize that this is not a perfect world. And to answer ur question we can help you out a lot better if we know where in MO u are going and roughly the route u plan on using to get there. I f we know that we can mostly keep you safe, except for the LEOs that are anti, we cant stop them from being pricks. lol.