• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Just Happy we CAN OC or CC in NC! Check this out from Chicago.

Carry24/7

Where do I even start. This fine upstanding young man attended Chicago Vocational Career Academy. Sounds like a great school. Bet everyone there has straight A's.

Ross is awaiting trial on juvenile charges of criminal trespass to land and was in violation of a 7 p.m. curfew in the case at the time of his arrest. I'm shocked.

(Williams) responded by turning and pointing a gun at the sergeants.

Williams' mother, Lois Pickett, said her son, the oldest of five children, would never carry a gun. Hmmm he got shot because he had one. Guess she doesn't know her son well.

I hate to see kids getting killed but ones like this will always be trouble.

condeist

""Yes, he has (previous arrests), but that's not a reason to kill him," Pickett said between sobs."

No, its not. But pointing a gun at the officer is a reason to kill him.

Carry24/7

""Yes, he has (previous arrests), but that's not a reason to kill him," Pickett said between sobs."

No, its not. But pointing a gun at the officer is a reason to kill him.

Oh thanks. I missed that one. As you can see he must have gotten his intelligence from his mother. I'm sure her boy was a good boy who never did wrong and the cops where always out to get him. That's why he is dead not because of previous arrests but because you didn't bust his a$$ the first time the man got him.

WTFOVER

Why is it police have "service weapons" and we/citizens have "guns"?

Because they are not the officer's personal weapons. They are issued to them for their time in "service" with the department.

ComradeV

Campaign Veteran
Chicago Police

In the City of Chicago, Chicago Police Department Officers are required to purchase their own personal weapon (either a Glock 19 or Glock 17 currently) for use on duty.