• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gander Mountain Wausau Posted!

CalicoJack10

I saw this and I just had to put it up. Mainly because it put a smile on my face.

247781_148412261897904_100001873931685_326379_7188223_n.jpg

phred

Yeah, it's been there for a least a few years.

Kind of funny though, when I took a gun in for repair I went to the service desk to prove that it was empty so they could "tag" the case, while carrying one on my hip that was of no concern to them.

"This does not apply....":D

TyGuy

That doesnt meant that you cant oc there. Its for guns being broug in to sell or for service.

SIGdude

Yup! The West Baraboo Gander has the same and has also shown great support for oc

they sure do, I went in there last year OCing and was trying to explain something to the guy behind the gun counter, and he wasn't grasping what I was trying to say, so I turned sideways, pointed at my firearm on my hip and said "May I?" he said absolutely and laughed a bit. I cautiously drew the firearm, cleared it, and pointed out what I meant and he said "OH, I get it now"

It was a pretty stellar experience through and through. I have no idea what it was I was trying to convey to the guy, but I remember the story because it was so awesome.

MKEgal

McX said:
a happy sign! it's nice to be loved, and welcomed somewhere!
There's a big difference between being allowed in a store & actually being welcomed, as Culver's, Gander, Starbuck's, etc. have.

bigdaddy1 said:
Wonder how you tell if your bow is unloaded????
1) it's not strung (legal def'n)
2) there's no arrow nocked (practical def'n)

If I were taking a bow in for repair, I'd probably be concerned about its function, so wouldn't want it strung. Of course, the only one I have is a 60lb longbow & I'm woefully out of practice.