• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

parents and open carry

weston502

as some of you remember i have been recieving death threats. after bringing up the idea to my parents they thold me if i carried a weapon i would be kicked out of the house. and i have nowhere to live for 3 months until my apartment is ready. any ideas of how to convince them to let me carry? thanks.

deadlifter

I mean this with no offense or comedic value, but your parents must not love you a whole lot of they are willing to go to such an extreme to keep you from protecting yourself.

Would they really rather see you dead, than have the ability to protect?

One case, you could keep your weapon hidden from your parents, as well as the fact that you carry. Its deceitful, but life is more important. Brings up a saying " its better to beg forgiveness than to beg permission."

Felix

I agree with deadlifter, "It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission."

Comply with your parents' wishes when in their house; outside their house it seems to me you keep your mouth shut and do what makes sense.

weston502

that is something that i have thought about but that leaves me unprotected when at home. it would be better than not having any at all however. i just dont know how to convince them this is something i need.

MR Redenck

Why are you getting death threats? Do you know who it is?
Your parents dont make any sence to me. Are you not old enough to carry a weapon or something? If you are old enough, I would no matter what anyone said.
Have you called to cops about this death threat? What did they say?

weston502

i have reported it to the police but there is nothing that they can do. i am 19 so i am old enough to carry a firearm. it doesnt make scense to me either why they will not let me protect myself. my mom is anti gun but my dad said he just doesnt want me carrying one. its gotten to the point i am considering moving to a friends house for the summer who is pro gun.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Friends house sound good. Don't advertise it.

i have reported it to the police but there is nothing that they can do. i am 19 so i am old enough to carry a firearm. it doesnt make scense to me either why they will not let me protect myself. my mom is anti gun but my dad said he just doesnt want me carrying one. its gotten to the point i am considering moving to a friends house for the summer who is pro gun.

If you are getting threats, don't let people know where you are moving to. A phone number should be sufficient for your parents.

weston502

he doesnt know where i live now. or atleast he has never came over while anyone was ho,e. im just worried about him finding me and me being unprotected as he carries a knife and is easily twice my size

M

McX

being old, probably older than your parents even, i have been on the receiving end of threats of all kinds. i found that the sight of a legally carried firearm, or the reputation that you legally carry a firearm tends to quell threats, and keep the evil ones at a distance. something your parents may wish to consider.

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Being that old, you probably remember when the USA was mostly free!

being old, probably older than your parents even, i have been on the receiving end of threats of all kinds. i found that the sight of a legally carried firearm, or the reputation that you legally carry a firearm tends to quell threats, and keep the evil ones at a distance. something your parents may wish to consider.

I even remember when you could buy anti-tank guns, anti-aircraft guns and ammunition through mail order. When I was 17 I went across the border to another state and bought one of my favorite pistols (Colt Woodsman) for cash! No ID, no problem.

It is hard to believe that we have allowed so many restrictions on our freedom to be placed on us so rapidly. But when the "Progressives" own the media, the schools, and the government for 60 years (1934-1994) I guess it can be understood.

Last edited:

Interceptor_Knight

as some of you remember i have been recieving death threats. after bringing up the idea to my parents they thold me if i carried a weapon i would be kicked out of the house. and i have nowhere to live for 3 months until my apartment is ready. any ideas of how to convince them to let me carry? thanks.

Don't ask don't tell works.

SIGguy229

Why are you receiving death threats? What's the story? What do your parents thunk about these threats? Not that it will do much, but have you considered a restraining order against the person who wishes to do you harm? Is this related to criminal activity?

MR Redenck

I you know who the guy is then that's your first advantage.
A lot of time, people who threaten such crap are nothing more than girlymen.
I say, carry a gun if you have one. When you get home, just conceal it so your folks dont know.
" Remember, the police said they cant do nothing", and their not obligated to protect you either!
Dont be stupid, defend yourself.

weston502

the problem with not telling them is that i will get kicked out of the house. ik thats better than being dead but i was hoping to find some new points to try to convince him

VW_Factor

This is probably something you should work out with your parents..

Or find a place to live in the mean time.

Life isn't easy.

M

McX

guess who's coming to dinner

perhapse invite an experienced carrier over for dinner, for your parents to meet with, and talk with. 2 heads are better than one.

never mind VW guy- everyone knows he's a 'drive by' kind of guy heh-heh.

VW_Factor

This doesn't sound like anything anyone around here could help with..

I don't need to know any dramatic details to know that it sounds like his relationship with his parents might already be strained a bit.

I think there is more to it, than simply owning/carrying a weapon.

Thats all.