• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

parents and open carry

Badger Johnson

This is simple. Remind them who will be choosing their nursing home for them when they are 80.

HTH. (Don't ask, don't tell).

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Carry a strong walking stick with you

the problem with not telling them is that i will get kicked out of the house. ik thats better than being dead but i was hoping to find some new points to try to convince him

Just a few simple moves makes a walking stick very effective as a defensive tool. A lot of people see it as non-threatening, and you can get a good one for just a few dollars. It is legal to carry nearly everywhere.

When I was unable to carry a firearm, I carried about a four foot walking stick. Find a few stick fighting techniques, simple ones, and practice with them. The old bayonet drill is a good start. Thrusts, blocks, and butt strokes can all be quite effective.

If you have to use it, go all out. If you are defending your life, don't worry about breaking bones. The human body is much tougher than most people realize.

A simple stick can make up for a lot of difference in size, and has the reach on a knife.

apjonas

Not That Complicated

There are many extended stay hotels where you could live until your new place is available. Why three months? Is it brand new construction?

Just a few simple moves makes a walking stick very effective as a defensive tool. A lot of people see it as non-threatening, and you can get a good one for just a few dollars. It is legal to carry nearly everywhere.

When I was unable to carry a firearm, I carried about a four foot walking stick. Find a few stick fighting techniques, simple ones, and practice with them. The old bayonet drill is a good start. Thrusts, blocks, and butt strokes can all be quite effective.

If you have to use it, go all out. If you are defending your life, don't worry about breaking bones. The human body is much tougher than most people realize.

A simple stick can make up for a lot of difference in size, and has the reach on a knife.

weston502

i just got a new job so i have to wait a before they will let me sign a lease. because i have basically no credit history

MR Redenck

I think your going to have to ask yourself what you need to do. You know the risk of both choices, so decide what better suits your needs.
Good luck.

wild boar

It sounds like your old girlfriend "may" have used HIM to settle her grudge, was she pi$$ed that you two broke up? IF shes that kind of bit(h, and Mr Nasty is any kind of a man, he'll let it go soon. I like the walking stick; I won't suggest you'll survive as I did when a guy brought his knife to my stick fight, because I was trained in the military. You're a kid, stay away of him and you'll get to be an old man like me.

RetiredOC

Campaign Veteran
Buy them a copy of this book, it may help. My Parents Open Carry...on sale 33% savings now. www.myparentsopencarry.com

Sorry I couldn't resist. :D

At-first-I-was-like...-but-then-I-lold..jpg

weston502

no she is not pissed at me but she is afraid that if she breaks up with him it will make things worse. i know the guy carries a knife on him at all times.

MKEgal

Sounds like she needs to protect herself from him, too.
Violent, goes after her ex, she's afraid of him...
[sarcasm] What a lovely specimen of the male of the species. [/sarcasm]

As for your situation, these seem to be the options:
1) move in with a friend who's OK with you carrying
1a) don't give anyone your address
1.5) if you can't move in w/ a friend, get a tent, stay at a campground
2) carry, but conceal at home
3) don't have a gun, but do have a cane or walking stick
4) don't have anything; continue to hope your luck holds 'til you can get your own place

That's in the order I'd prefer to do them if I were in your situation.
YMMV.

skorittnig

What is your level of familiarity or proficiency with firearms? Are they opposed to you carrying a firearm for self-defense around them because they fear you may accidentally injur yourself, them, or another innocent bystander? Do they respect your judgement?

This story must have multiple issues.

apjonas

Also, there's

a futon on your living room floor. He could do household chores in exchange.

Sounds like she needs to protect herself from him, too.
Violent, goes after her ex, she's afraid of him...
[sarcasm] What a lovely specimen of the male of the species. [/sarcasm]

As for your situation, these seem to be the options:
1) move in with a friend who's OK with you carrying
1a) don't give anyone your address
1.5) if you can't move in w/ a friend, get a tent, stay at a campground
2) carry, but conceal at home
3) don't have a gun, but do have a cane or walking stick
4) don't have anything; continue to hope your luck holds 'til you can get your own place

That's in the order I'd prefer to do them if I were in your situation.
YMMV.

weston502

my dads main issue is he is afriad that if i use it that i will go to jail. for use of excessive force or that i cant prove self defense. he doesnt have a problem with me carrying but not while im living in his house because my mom threatened to move out if i do.