Thread: Nm ccw

Nm ccw

Some cash recently fell into my lap, figured it's a perfect time to finally get my CCW. Unfortunately the only place I know of in ABQ that does the classes is calibers, and they are a major rip off. Are there any other CCW instructors in ABQ area?

Thanks in advance.

Check the NM DPS site for a list of all instructors.

Go here if your in the NE ABQ And if your a member of RSW (Racing Southwest.com ) You get an aditional 25 bucks off.This guys better than Calibers and cheaper.I went here for mine.

In this course you will learn:

Gun Safety, and safe use and storage of handguns

How to select the right handgun and ammunition

Basic handgun skills

How to carry concealed and methods for concealment and drawing from concealment

Rules, regulations and gun laws for NM and for concealed carry in NM

Non violent threat resolution and de escalation techniques

Basic live fire range qualification and how to shoot safely for range practice and dry fire practice

Cost for the class is $175 ** which includes tax, range fees, and qualifying on 2 types of handguns (Which I can supply) notarizing your application, and refreshments/snacks. (**Discounts apply for more than 1 taking the class together and for RSW members/referrals!!)

Location: Dragonfire Self Defense 5200 Eubank Blvd NE # A-7 (corner of Eubank and Spain Rd) and City Shooting Range
    http://maps.google.c...73,0.07699&z=14

Time: June 4th - 5th 2011, from 9 am until approximately 4:30 p.m both days

Cost: $175.00** which includes tax, range fees, and qualifying on 2 types of handguns (Which I can supply) notarizing your application, and refreshments/snacks. (**$150 for RSW members and Family!!)

***Classes fill up consistently, so please call and register as soon as possible to guarantee a place in the class!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacob Stuyvesant
    5200 Eubank Blvd NE # A-7
    275-8300
    235-9696

Dang, stuff is expensive in ABQ.

In most smaller cities, you can get a class for $100-120.

I also recommend Jacob.

Boy That's expensive..!

In some other states they only charge between $35 to $50 depending. Why soo high in NM?

FireStar M40
    Why you never pick a fight with a old man.

Seeing they're too old and tired to fight,

they'll just shoot your butt instead.

I'm a "OLD MAN"!

Quote Originally Posted by FireStar M40 View Post
    In some other states they only charge between $35 to $50 depending. Why soo high in NM?

FireStar M40
    Not all instructors charge so much, but in cases where they do it is because it is a 2-day course requiring a minimum of 15 hours of instruction including classroom and range time.

There are at least 2 instructors down here in Las Cruces doing the class for $100. Might be worth it just to drive down for a weekend.

I recommend the instructor that does fingerprints and notary during the class. Mine didn't and that was a pain in my ass getting those done!

Thanks For Your Reply..

Quote Originally Posted by AH.74 View Post
    Not all instructors charge so much, but in cases where they do it is because it is a 2-day course requiring a minimum of 15 hours of instruction including classroom and range time.
    Sorry.. I didn't realize it was a two day 15 hour instruction. Well.... sounds like it's better than a 4 hour one for newbies who don't know which end of the firearm the bullet goes out of.

FireStar M40
    Why you never pick a fight with a old man.

Seeing they're too old and tired to fight,

they'll just shoot your butt instead.

I'm a "OLD MAN"!

Quote Originally Posted by castiel View Post
    There are at least 2 instructors down here in Las Cruces doing the class for $100. Might be worth it just to drive down for a weekend.

I recommend the instructor that does fingerprints and notary during the class. Mine didn't and that was a pain in my ass getting those done!
    Notarization is no longer required on the applications, but fingerprinting still is.

I do my class in LC for $99, fingerprinting included and .45 ACP semi and revolvers are available to qualify for no extra charge.

Ccw

I've been going to Tom Tomasi for years, and have referred several people to him. He charges $125 for his course; he's a competition shooter and is very informative. Phone is 249-9942.

Wait time now is about 4-6 weeks, which is a little better than it was 4 years ago. I just renewed my license almost 3 weeks ago; Tomasi will allow you to qualify for both semi and revolver without charging an additional fee like some places do. I qualified for both this time around.