• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nm ccw

mserr

Some cash recently fell into my lap, figured it's a perfect time to finally get my CCW. Unfortunately the only place I know of in ABQ that does the classes is calibers, and they are a major rip off. Are there any other CCW instructors in ABQ area?

Thanks in advance.

awnuts

Go here if your in the NE ABQ And if your a member of RSW (Racing Southwest.com ) You get an aditional 25 bucks off.This guys better than Calibers and cheaper.I went here for mine.

In this course you will learn:

Gun Safety, and safe use and storage of handguns

How to select the right handgun and ammunition

Basic handgun skills

How to carry concealed and methods for concealment and drawing from concealment

Rules, regulations and gun laws for NM and for concealed carry in NM

Non violent threat resolution and de escalation techniques

Basic live fire range qualification and how to shoot safely for range practice and dry fire practice

Cost for the class is $175 ** which includes tax, range fees, and qualifying on 2 types of handguns (Which I can supply) notarizing your application, and refreshments/snacks. (**Discounts apply for more than 1 taking the class together and for RSW members/referrals!!)

Location: Dragonfire Self Defense – 5200 Eubank Blvd NE # A-7 (corner of Eubank and Spain Rd) and City Shooting Range
http://maps.google.c...73,0.07699&z=14

Time: June 4th - 5th 2011, from 9 am until approximately 4:30 p.m both days

Cost: $175.00** which includes tax, range fees, and qualifying on 2 types of handguns (Which I can supply) notarizing your application, and refreshments/snacks. (**$150 for RSW members and Family!!)

***Classes fill up consistently, so please call and register as soon as possible to guarantee a place in the class!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacob Stuyvesant
5200 Eubank Blvd NE # A-7
275-8300
235-9696

FireStar M40

Boy That's expensive..!

In some other states they only charge between $35 to $50 depending. Why soo high in NM?

FireStar M40

AH.74

In some other states they only charge between $35 to $50 depending. Why soo high in NM?

FireStar M40

Not all instructors charge so much, but in cases where they do it is because it is a 2-day course requiring a minimum of 15 hours of instruction including classroom and range time.

castiel

There are at least 2 instructors down here in Las Cruces doing the class for $100. Might be worth it just to drive down for a weekend.

I recommend the instructor that does fingerprints and notary during the class. Mine didn't and that was a pain in my ass getting those done!

FireStar M40

Thanks For Your Reply..

Not all instructors charge so much, but in cases where they do it is because it is a 2-day course requiring a minimum of 15 hours of instruction including classroom and range time.

Sorry.. I didn't realize it was a two day 15 hour instruction. Well.... sounds like it's better than a 4 hour one for newbies who don't know which end of the firearm the bullet goes out of.

FireStar M40

PracticalTactical

There are at least 2 instructors down here in Las Cruces doing the class for $100. Might be worth it just to drive down for a weekend.

I recommend the instructor that does fingerprints and notary during the class. Mine didn't and that was a pain in my ass getting those done!

Notarization is no longer required on the applications, but fingerprinting still is.

I do my class in LC for $99, fingerprinting included and .45 ACP semi and revolvers are available to qualify for no extra charge.

MrGlock

Ccw

I've been going to Tom Tomasi for years, and have referred several people to him. He charges $125 for his course; he's a competition shooter and is very informative. Phone is 249-9942.

Wait time now is about 4-6 weeks, which is a little better than it was 4 years ago. I just renewed my license almost 3 weeks ago; Tomasi will allow you to qualify for both semi and revolver without charging an additional fee like some places do. I qualified for both this time around.