Thread: Happy Memorial Day Everyone ! Please take a few moments to remember our Veterans

Happy Memorial Day Everyone ! Please take a few moments to remember our Veterans

The Veterans that have served & Sacrificed, The POW's, all those still Missing in Action, through out this nations history deserve our respect, to be remembered & our most sincerest gratitude for a job very well done.

Revolutionary War
    The Franco - American Naval War
    The Barbary Wars
    The war of 1812
    The Creek War
    The War of Texas Independence
    the Civil War
    the Spanish American War
    World War 1
    World War 2
    Korea
    Viet Nam
    The Bay of Pigs invasion
    Panama
    Grenada
    The Persian Gulf War
    Intervention in Bosnia and Herzegovina
    The Iraq War
    The ongoing War in Afganistan
    & the Many unknown Covert Actions

TAPS

http://youtu.be/3G1FvlPakkU
    http://youtu.be/BVzrsyCtoWY
    http://youtu.be/GFIlSyth5i8

The Picture below is the...The Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial in France is located on the site of the temporary American St. Laurent Cemetery, established by the U.S. First Army on June 8, 1944 and the first American cemetery on European soil in World War II. The cemetery site, at the north end of its mile access road, covers 172.5 acres and contains the graves of 9,387 of our military dead, most of whom lost their lives in the D-Day landings and ensuing operations. On the Walls of the Missing in a semicircular garden on the east side of the memorial are inscribed 1,557 names. Rosettes mark the names of those since recovered and identified.

The memorial consists of a semicircular colonnade with a loggia at each end containing large maps and narratives of the military operations; at the center is the bronze statue, "Spirit of American Youth." An orientation table overlooking the beach depicts the landings in Normandy. Facing west at the memorial, one sees in the foreground the reflecting pool; beyond is the burial area with a circular chapel and, at the far end, granite statues representing the U.S. and France.

http://youtu.be/92a-6laIqVU
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 05-29-2011 at 11:42 AM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

God bless all my fellow vets. Im glad that we made it through to enjoy the freedoms that we fought for.

My Grandfather was 27 when he was drafted in WWII. For the Duration. He had two kids, a wife, and a private business. He served on an Essex class Carrier as an Engineer that was hit by a kamikaze.

He had balls of steel.

My flag flies in his honor.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

McX
    My Dad was in the Navy, as a Chief Gunner, and LCVP, on board a destroyer tender. he was part of the first occupying forces into Nagasaki after the atomic bomb was dropped.
    Last edited by McX; 05-29-2011 at 02:32 AM.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Unhappy Back before we understood PTSD....

3 of my Mom's 5 brothers were in the army in Europe and my Dad's Brother, Joe, was in the Marines on Guadalcanal and Iwo Jima. Amazingly, they all made it back. After the war the 3 brothers all became low-bottom alcoholics and Joe was electrocuted, working in the neon sign business he started....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

USS John Hancock CV-19 hit.

I never knew this footage existed.

My Grandfather often spoke of how they (the engineers manning the pumps I guess?) were declared dead when the kamikaze hit. They were trapped beneath this fire and below decks for hours according to his Yearbook. He thought it was ironic. "If we were dead then who was getting the water to the firefighters?" he always asked. This macabre statement was always accompanied by a little grin and laugh. Both filled with this big... "F*CK YOU Death. You P*ssy" kind of vibe.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 05-29-2011 at 02:14 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

My Thanks to all my fellow vets and those who support us and to those who made the ultimate sacrifice,God Bless ,you shall not be forgotten.
    Owner Little Wolf Firearms , US ARMY RETIRED 101st Airborne & 84th DIV TRNG Small arms instructor.
    Remember , Gun Control is " USING BOTH HANDS!"

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post

USS John Hancock CV-19 hit.

I never knew this footage existed.

My Grandfather often spoke of how they (the engineers manning the pumps I guess?) were declared dead when the kamikaze hit. They were trapped beneath this fire and below decks for hours according to his Yearbook. He thought it was ironic. "If we were dead then who was getting the water to the firefighters?" he always asked. This macabre statement was always accompanied by a little grin and laugh. Both filled with this big... "F*CK YOU Death. You P*ssy" kind of vibe.
    My hats off to your Grandfather ! Those WW2 guys were Hardcore Muther Frackers through & through, they don't call them the Greatest generation for nothing. my Grandfather on my moms side served in the Army in Europe, My grandmother who came to the US from Germany ( Bavaria ) after WW1 had close family that fought against the US in WW2 Europe, My Family Geneology shows I had a few Great uncles ( on my moms side ) that were Waffen SS officers in the German Army..Kinda Ironic but the German troops were Bad Azzes too. It's amazing when your young you can go to war & do horrible things to the enemy, then get older 40 years after the war & shake hands with, toast your enemy & share war stories with your former foe.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 05-29-2011 at 02:49 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Words can not begin to express how lucky we are to have such great men and women serving this country. THANK YOU to all past, present and future.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.