Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dissappearing Threads

Dissappearing Threads

I started a thread earlier. It disappeared, no trace, nothing except in my browser history.

What's up with that?
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

excerpt By Marko Kloos (http://munchkinwrangler.wordpress.com/?s=major+caudill)

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    No clue.

What was the title/subject?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Founder's Club Member
    Prolly best to PM the mods and ask why.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    No clue.

What was the title/subject?
    Subject was the way the VA senators voted on Rand Paul's amendment to protect the 2nd and 4th amendment rights of American's. Of course, our senators voted anti-American.
    When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by nuc65 View Post
    Subject was the way the VA senators voted on Rand Paul's amendment to protect the 2nd and 4th amendment rights of American's. Of course, our senators voted anti-American.
    They voted anti-liberty.

Ever since Lincoln that's been as Amurkan as appell pye.
    The quiet war has begun, with silent weapons
    And the newest slavery is to keep the people poor, and stupid
    Novos ordo seclorum ~ Mustaine

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I find the reference via Google, but nothing on OCDO.

Senator Rand Paul Amendment
    1 post - 1 author - Last post: 11 hours ago
    I put this at the Virginia level to point out how the Senators from VA voted on tabling the Ammendment (essentially a vote to curtail your 2nd and 4th ...
    forum.opencarry.org/.../showthread.php?...Senator-Rand-Paul-Amendment
    From the above link I get
    vBulletin Message

No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Will pass the question/problem on to Administrator.

Edited to add: Done
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 05-28-2011 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Add
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    I saw a similar post removed and when I asked about it, this was the response from the admin:

(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Quote Originally Posted by ed View Post
    I saw a similar post removed and when I asked about it, this was the response from the admin:

(8) KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge". Please police your own posts before posting them and help keep OCDO strong and focused.
    I would have said it was related to carry of all sorts. Thank you.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I would have said it was related to carry of all sorts. Thank you.
    I would think so too Nuc, but the simple fact is there is a very narrow criteria for this forum and much of it is discretionary on the Adm's part.

John does an overall good job and isn't the post Nazi that you see on some sites, so I've accepted the fact that some posts are going West despite my feeling that they are relevant. This is a big state and what is OC proper to one person is not to another.

There can be only final decision maker and that's John. Just accept it and thank him for spending the money and time, which he can't really spare, to provide the site.

Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    I would think so too Nuc, but the simple fact is there is a very narrow criteria for this forum and much of it is discretionary on the Adm's part.

John does an overall good job and isn't the post Nazi that you see on some sites, so I've accepted the fact that some posts are going West despite my feeling that they are relevant. This is a big state and what is OC proper to one person is not to another.

There can be only final decision maker and that's John. Just accept it and thank him for spending the money and time, which he can't really spare, to provide the site.
    I would not take umbrage, except when it just disappears completely. Usually I have seen markers indicating it was moved which seems a more proper way to do it if it is considered my post is OT or belongs in another area. I made sure it was related to VA and it was relative to all firearms owners, so what prompted my post was it just disappearing.

I can't speak to any more because I don't know John. I have met Skidmark and Grapeshot and some of the Lynchburg group (I try to do my part by clicking on the links provided).

Thank you Peter, thank you John and others who replied.
    Last edited by nuc65; 05-29-2011 at 09:48 AM. Reason: added TU

I didn't remove this particular post. I would have moved it to the Lounge as it is an acceptable topic for there. I will check with Mike and the other moderators to see if anyone removed it.

John

I remember the thread.

I also remember thinking, "This won't be here long."

Given that logic, this thread should disappear also.
    A law-abiding citizen should be able to carry his personal protection firearm anywhere that an armed criminal might go.

Member VCDL, NRA

Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post
    All things we don't like or otherwise disagree with should just disappear?

Quote Originally Posted by 2a4all View Post

Yep...makes you wonder

Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    I remember the thread.

I also remember thinking, "This won't be here long."
    That's kinda my point. Why would Dr. Mark and others think "this won't remain here long" if it was OC Handgun ON TOPIC?
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

That's kinda my point. Why would Dr. Mark and others think "this won't remain here long" if it was OC Handgun ON TOPIC?
    Oh I understand that Ed.
    I said earlier, it's discretionary.
    I just can't imagine how it disappeared and no one knew about it
    Life is a mystery sometimes.

Moderators have a responsibility to fairly dispense the rules and the wishes of the owners - The Administrator has the final authority.

No one ever said it was "OC Handgun on topic", the Social Lounge would have been a good location for something like this - I think John has answered that adequately in post #11 above, don't you?

With all due respect to Dr. Mark and "others(?)", the "why" of their posts is not really relevant.

With all due respect to Dr. Mark and "others(?)", the "why" of their posts is not really relevant.
    It is to ME, and that's why I made the post.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

It is to ME, and that's why I made the post.
    Is this really an avenue you wish to pursue on open forum?

IMO you have previously made your case and a response was given by PM prior to John's statement. You could have asked the same question by PM to Dr. Mark but choose to do so publicly. Under those circumstances, it should hardly be about "ME".

Is this really an avenue you wish to pursue on open forum?

IMO you have previously made your case and a response was given by PM prior to John's statement. You could have asked the same question by PM to Dr. Mark but choose to do so publicly. Under those circumstances, it should hardly be about "ME".
    yer ALWAYS right Grape.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

yer ALWAYS right Grape.
    Not hardly, but I am always cognizant of whom I represent and that I will do as effectively as I can.

I may wear 2 or 3 hats - the selection of which one at a given time is generally not my choice - rather it is determined by circumstance.

and you ALWAYS must have the last word.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

I am always cognizant of whom I represent and that I will do as effectively as I can.
    Oh? and who are you "representing" here if not yourself?
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Oh? and who are you "representing" here if not yourself?
    Geese Ed, what are you getting at.
    I've already given my opinion on the appropriateness of the post. That can fly either way but to even think that Grapeshot represents anyone but all the gun owners in this state is unthinkable.

Fair and unbiased describes his actions both on this board and off.
    Much of that goes on without fanfare because there's a whole lot more to leadership than showboating.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast