Thread: Open Carry in Asheville

Open Carry in Asheville

I live just outside of Asheville, and most of my business is conducted within their city limits. Do any of you have knowledge of or experiences regarding open carry in Asheville?

On the same note, does anybody know where to find the legal definition of a Bowie knife? I want to open carry a large knife for defensive purposes, and want to be sure it is not classified as a "Bowie knife." There are no current statutes for blade length or any of that jazz for open carry knives, just the style of blade.

im in the area and have carried in my county, but not within asheville city limits. many on this board have. there was an open carry meet last year down town. on another asheville thread i posted my correspondence w/ buncombe county sheriffs department about the subject. they essentially said, its legal, but most people will not like it. all the more reason to do it.

good luck and bring your recorder

I was with the group that met up last year for an OC meet. There was 5 or 6 of us and we just walked around town with no problems at all. That's the only time I've OC'd in Asheville though cause I live around the Weaverville area and only go to Asheville every now and then. Be nice if we could organize another meet again.

let me know, im near the TN line. i'd head to asheville for a meet up