Thread: OC at union station

OC at union station

Has anyone looked at OC at union station? We are taking the family there today for the celebration.

Quote Originally Posted by peterarthur View Post
    Has anyone looked at OC at union station? We are taking the family there today for the celebration.
    I haven't, but the last tine I was there, I didn't notice any signage. I'm not sure of the ownership, but I don't think KCMO owns it.

On the webpage it says "Union Station Kansas City, Inc. is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization.", which I believe makes it private property. I will check out the signage.

Anyone who is going let me know on this thread.

Please update on whether you OC'd at the celebration and your results. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by captainamerica View Post
    Please update on whether you OC'd at the celebration and your results. Thanks.
    I did OC. I never saw anyone else carrying. I saw about a dozen LEO's. The ones by the crown plaza mad dogged me, but at the memorial, I am not sure if any even noticed me. The crowd was very friendly and I had a few questions, but most people just nodded and smiled. Not a single incident to report.

Beautiful weather, great music and a fun time!

Well, I was at Union Station Friday, to catch a train to STL (so I wasn't carrying, duh..) There is signage now:

I found the signage interesting though. If you look up Kansas City MO's ordinance 59050, you will find that it is the anti-smoking ordinance. Everything I've ben taught about reading context would expect me to think the reference is for the weapons prohibited piece. The sign references both no smoking and no weapons, so you might think if they would give the ordinance for one, they would give the ordinance for the other. I wonder if it's just wishful thinking that weapons are banned on their part.

Well I suppose if you don't smoke while packing you might just be OK?
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

maybe it means you cant have one of them gun lighters.

i think it means your gun cannot smoke. tell your glock smoking is bad.
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

I don't do "Glocks".
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

ok...

i think it means your gun cannot smoke. tell your <manufacture or gun> smoking is bad.
    Constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil.

Funny thing about signs like that... you can carry cigars, cigarettes, pipes, tobacco, lighters, matches... you can carry whatever you like as long as you aren't smoking.

By the same reasoning, shouldn't you be able to carry so long as you aren't shooting?
    Last edited by Fallschirmjäger; 06-27-2011 at 07:38 PM.