Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arrested for standing and dancing?

Arrested for standing and dancing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHg3M6eUB8

Not that I like to feed the all too prevalent anti-LEO sentiment, this video is all too disturbing and even made me mad.

Anyone have any more story to it?
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Indeed very disturbing video - want more information.

Only thing identifiable to me was U.S. Park Police, no precise location or date even.

Did see that man with a professional video cam set up was forced to leave also.

Not sure why the "problem," if one truly existed, could not have been handled on a completely different level first - a polite conversation instructing as to any rules and why they would enforce same.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Indeed very disturbing video - want more information.

Only thing identifiable to me was Park Police, no precise location or date even.

Did see that man with a professional video cam set up was forced to leave also.

Not sure why the "problem," if one truly existed, could not have been handled on a completely different level first - a polite conversation instructing as to any rules and why they would enforce same.
    Well what gets me is the men who were arrested after the couple. We don't know what was happening before the cameras were turned on in relation to the first couple arrested, but the other men that were subsequently arrested weren't doing anything but dancing in protest. They were clearly doing nothing wrong.
    Tiocfaidh Ar La

Quote Originally Posted by ChiangShih View Post
    Not that I like to feed the all too prevalent anti-LEO sentiment...
    Yeah. Wouldn't want to do that.

Anyone have any more story to it?
    Haven't you heard? It was just a few bad apples.
    Last edited by marshaul; 05-29-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Here's an 11 minute version of the vid.

The site takes forever to load. Probably slammed with traffic by now.
    http://www.adamvstheman.com/blog/upd...erson-memorial

" The Memorial is CLOSED! "

Fox News - Five People Arrested for Dancing
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UyiaR1PDhQ
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 05-29-2011 at 02:43 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Doesn't seem to get any better with more info coming avail -still not enough though.

Determined to be the Jefferson Memorial in Wash. D.C. Saw one reference to the Memorial being closed now.

All would seem to be out of control, over reaction to nothing, repeat nothing illegal.
    The fallout, public reaction to this appears to be intense.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpmHm...eature=related

Here's a vid that shows the assault of two videographers at about the 2:30 mark. At 3:35 is a cop with an "assault rifle".
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Founder's Club Member
    Sadly, I'm not surprised especially considering the apparent government wide use of intimidation by unnecessary legislation and unchecked authority while the general public seemingly accepts and support it.
    Welcome to America, you are free to do as you are told!

Banned
    All I wanted to do, is to use that cowards head for a football.

Banned
    Last edited by stainless1911; 05-29-2011 at 06:48 PM.

A court has determined that expressive dancing is the same as picketing and marching.

What is "expressive dancing"? How does two people dancing harm anyone? This was an old fashion, holding each other, slow dance. Guess that is expressive.

On the other hand, it appears that the two persons knew of the prohibition, yet proceeded anyhow. Others vow to return next week-end.

Banned
    WWJD

What Would Jefferson Do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy3tlrTrqJg

Here's the contact info for the US Parks Police, in case anyone wants to complain about the overreaction of the thugs in uniform:

http://www.nps.gov/uspp/tele.htm

The number I plan on using is this one:
    Office of the Chief - 1100 Ohio Drive S.W., Washington, D. C. 20242 (202) 619-7350
    Last edited by LV XD9; 05-29-2011 at 08:23 PM.

Red face

No 1st Amendment expression in the Jefferson Memorial? Yeah that makes as much sense as only allowing blind people inside the Hirschorn, because people with eyesight might gasp at the beauty of a painting and "disrupt the tranquility"...

Interesting is the original case that issued the ruling that spawned this most recent protest was brought by Alan Gura. I guess the Courts have gotten a little tired of Mr. Gura and his massive string of 2A Wins, an decided to put one in the "loss" column for him, for the 1A instead. Yeah, that will show him...

What is DOES show is that the Courts and the US DOJ has utter disregard for the fundamental tenets of our Constitution, and for the memory of the Founding Fathers. To assert that Thomas Jefferson's memory is somehow sullied by "demonstrations" is such a sick, twisted interpretation of the law that it defies logic.

The Courts have shown their hand--they are not interested in upholding the Constitution, or Constitutionally-protected 1A actions, and they have shown that they are perfectly willing to give exemptions to Federal "property" for such acts--thereby making Federal Property a "1A-Free Zone", much like they have upheld the 2A-Free Zone in DC for decades--even AFTER the Heller Decision established it was unlawful.

There is a term for governments that, despite knowing the Law ad being sworn to uphold the Law, continue to uphold and support actions outside the Law by it's agents and officers. That word is "lawless"...

If DC wants to "go green" they might consider hooking up a few generators to Jefferson's grave--I'm sure the RPMs being generated there could power the entire District...

I'm wondering how long it is going to take a resourceful group of 1A activists to challenge this again. I'm thinking a "tour group" of people wearing bright yellow Gadsdon Flag t-shirts filing in to the Jefferson Memorial, and standing silently along the inside perimeter in front of all the columns--that would make a statement, and would not be "disruptive" in any way, and would certainly maintain the "decorum an contemplative nature" of the memorial.

May 28 2011 should remembered by all Good People as the day when it was officially established by the US DOJ and the Park Service that our government has, in fact, openly declared war on Freedom...

After all, to quote the movie "V for Vendetta":

"A revolution without dancing is a revolution not worth having! "
    Last edited by Dreamer; 05-30-2011 at 12:17 AM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    What is "expressive dancing"? How does two people dancing harm anyone? This was an old fashion, holding each other, slow dance. Guess that is expressive.
    It is expressive of the most dangerous, revolutionary, and threatening idea imaginable to Tyrants. Oligarchs and Political Sociopaths:

Love.

And THAT sort of behavior will not be tolerated in the "Century of Change"...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 05-29-2011 at 07:22 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    May 28 2011 should remembered by all Good People as the day when it was officially established by the US DOJ and the Park Service that our government has, in fact, openly declared war on Freedom...
    Homeland Security has been waging war on the First Amendment since it's inception by continually stating that photography is a suspicious act. Even the Coast Guard and their "American Water Ways" site says:

PEOPLE TAKING STILL PHOTOGRAPHS OR VIDEO TAPING FROM THE SHORE
    ...Is "suspicious activity" and should be reported.

"People photographing or video taping potential terrorist targets are engaged in activities that should be considered suspicious."

http://aww.aww-sp.com/what_is.htm

We are actually living in an Orwellian novel.

Every single day in this country photographers are being arrested for the crime of photography.

Anyone who spends any amount of time on this forum knows this isn't just a war on the First Amendment. Or the Second. Or the Fourth. This is a War on the Constitution of the United States of America by our own government. I look back and reread what I just wrote and shake my head. I sound like a conspiracy nut. Only the videos, news reports and first hand blogs don't lie. The stories aren't going away.

They are bringing Ar-15s while we dance. Happy Memorial Day.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 05-29-2011 at 07:36 PM.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    I look back and reread what I just wrote and shake my head. I sound like a conspiracy nut.

No, when you say things like this you sound like someone who is awake, aware, and free to speak his mind, which is what a citizen in a FREE society is.

The branding of people who can see, speak about, and be outraged by oppression and tyranny as "conspiracy theorists" is part of the plan. When the world is ruled by sociopaths, "normal people" will be labeled as "crazy", because they are attempting to convert all of society ot their own twisted, psychotic way of thought.

Anyone who can experience compassion, or feel love, or is upset by infringements on liberty of good people is seen by these sociopaths as being the crazy ones, and so they try to brand them as "nutjobs" or "conspiracy theorists" or otherwise discredit them and attack their sanity as a method to establish the "new thought" which parallels their own sick, twisted minds.

Read "Political Ponerology" by Andrew M. Lobaczewski...
    http://www.ponerology.com/

I can't wait to see if they roll out the APCs and LRADs on the DC Mall for July 4th this year.
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Homeland Security has been waging war on the First Amendment since it's inception by continually stating that photography is a suspicious act. Even the Coast Guard and their "American Water Ways" site says:

...Is "suspicious activity" and should be reported.

"People photographing or video taping potential terrorist targets are engaged in activities that should be considered suspicious."

http://aww.aww-sp.com/what_is.htm

We are actually living in an Orwellian novel.

Every single day in this country photographers are being arrested for the crime of photography.

Anyone who spends any amount of time on this forum knows this isn't just a war on the First Amendment. Or the Second. Or the Fourth. This is a War on the Constitution of the United States of America by our own government. I look back and reread what I just wrote and shake my head. I sound like a conspiracy nut. Only the videos, news reports and first hand blogs don't lie. The stories aren't going away.

It depends on what the pictures are of. As a military member I have reported multiple people for taking pictures. Now these weren't just any pictures, these were people standing outside of the fence with long lenses (looked like 3ft lenses) and they were taking pictures of our flightline while I was stationed at Kadena AB in Okinawa, Japan. One can also get in trouble for taking pictures of certain things while driving around on-base (for example taking pictures of fuel storage for aircrafts is generally a nono).

While I don't think simply taking pictures is anything to report, you need to take the whole of the situation into perspective. If something seems off to you there shouldn't be any reason for you to not report it, but on the same side the people who investigate the report shouldn't be able to violate your rights under the guise of "security."

THIS is America. when you express our first amendment in a public place you WILL...

...be arrested.

I experienced this first-hand, twice, in both Lincoln's memorial as well as in a much more mundane location, an armory, which no one had visited in over a week. Our choir group made a visit, as it was to an historic fort, and had absolutely wonderful acoustics for a choir group, so, with NO ONE ELSE AROUND, we began aria-ing our heart out.

Wonderful music came force, voice-only-from that centuries old power room.

All of a sudden, some 5'0'' snot-nosed park "sheriff" told us to "knock it off" as "singing to God is against the law."

Oh. Gee. Really. This was circa 1979.

Against the law, eh? This x knew neither her Constitution nor whatever oath of law she took. She violated EVERY right in our book, as did the park-police-trained Constitutionally-deprived morons from the video who can, and should go to jail for violating the Constitutional rights of U.S. citizens.

The First protects the Second. The Second protects the First. Both protect The Rest.

It's not a force issue. It's a legal issue. I sincerely hope and pray the powers that be grasp the reality of this situation, as these are rights endowed to us by more than just law, but by right. Should these rights ever be under attack by other than a rightful measure of law, they must, by their rightful establishment by the measure of force under which such law was established, be defended under the same measure.

I ask for lesser measure. I also ask for reasonable measure, with the advanced notice that any such lessoning be met with full response. If no such reasonable measure can be met with respect to the parties involved, the case should be reverted to it's original status involving full grief among all parties.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Yeah, that's pretty nuts... although clearly the people knew it was 'illegal' and were there to get arrested on purpose... I'm pretty sure that was not "expressive dancing" though...

Banned
    They were expressing the displeasure against the unconstitutional decision made by a treasonous activist judge.

Treason is defined as an act of war against the US. The US is a country of the people, and the ideas listed in our founding documents. The attacker may be foreign or domestic. The declaration of war, was signed into law by the judge, (along with decades of others). The attack was both on the people, and the right.

Attacking and arresting US citizens for exercising thier rights, is an act of war, it doesnt matter if the enemy is foreign or domestic.
    Last edited by stainless1911; 06-01-2011 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless1911 View Post
    They were expressing the displeasure against the unconstitutional decision made by a treasonous activist judge.
    Absof*ckinglutely.

He needs to lose his job now and go far away. I'm thinking Chechnya.
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpmHm...eature=related

Here's a vid that shows the assault of two videographers at about the 2:30 mark. At 3:35 is a cop with an "assault rifle".
    1. Where is the crime? (dancers crime, not JBT's crime, that is obvious)

2. Why the $@c& does a fish cop have an AR?

3. Are there any US Park Facilities in Virginia where dancing is verboten?
    Last edited by Thundar; 06-01-2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: clarifythat the crime question was for dancers
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

In a 26-page opinion, U.S. District Judge John Bates ruled that "expressive dancing" does constitute an act that undermines "an atmosphere of calm, tranquility, and reverence" at the memorial.
    http://dcist.com/2010/01/judge_rules...rson_memor.php
    "A prohibition on expressive activities in a nonpublic forum does not violate the First Amendment if it is viewpoint neutral and is 'reasonable in light of the use to which the forum is dedicated,'" Bates wrote. "Here, the ban on demonstrations at the Jefferson Memorial satisfies these requirements."

How is OUR memorial nonpublic?

Singing at the memorial.

And... No singing at the Memorial.

Assembly, Speech
    ‘Star-Spangled Banner’-singing students muzzled at Jefferson Memorial

Alicia Benjamin-Samuels
    Contributing Writer
    Wednesday, May 9, 2001
    John F. Gwizdak

A National Park Service official stopped several Missouri students from singing about the “land of the free and the home of the brave” during a visit to the Jefferson Memorial last month.

A park ranger told the students to stop singing the national anthem on April 5 because, according to a federal regulation, if more than 26 people engage in activities that attract an audience, the event is considered a demonstration and requires a permit.

Participating in the singing were 20 of the 54 winners of the Veterans of Foreign Wars Voice of Democracy essay contest, ironically titled “What Price Freedom?” Each year the essay winners visit various national monuments, memorials and other historical sites.

The students’ outburst was a spontaneous occurrence, said Jerry Newberry, VFW communications and public affairs director. “It’s not like it was a big Mormon Tabernacle choir thing going on,” Newberry said.
    http://www.firstamendmentcenter.org/...erson-memorial

Students at Lincoln Memorial Told to Stop Singing National Anthem

By Todd Starnes

Published August 09, 2010

A group of high school students attending a conservative leadership conference in Washington, D.C. said they were ordered by a security guard to stop singing the national anthem during a June 25 visit to the Lincoln Memorial.

U.S. Park Police confirmed that the students were in violation of federal law and their impromptu performance constituted a demonstration in an area that must remain “completely content neutral.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/09...#ixzz1O3QZ2FfM
    And I'll close with this. The Irony makes my teeth ache.
    “It’s not like it was a big Mormon Tabernacle choir thing going on,”
    Abraham Lincoln

Alexcabbie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast