• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OCed Burlington Chocolate Fest, LEOs

Lurchiron

I beg to differ.

I was truthful with the guy and his reply is to be insulting.

You don't have check points or random stops as far as I know. Try it some time. I'm sure the tune around here would change post haste. Then again, maybe not...

This is disingenuous at best. You know thats not what is being discussed. I for one am not trying to gang up on your buddy. Just pointing out his original statement is not so cut and dry.

That's cool though. Guess I'll head back to space. Outer space, B*TCHES!

godzilla1954aq.jpg

Hamlet; just wondering...does that cone itch much? It looks like it would be good in da snow:D.

HandyHamlet

Illegals kill 25 Americans every day,this does not include the consequences of drug use

That's why My Grandmother always told me to stay off the Pot. If I toked up I would get killed by some illegal for sure. Same thing about wearing my Zoot Suit.

2117574408_375f1d91dc.jpg

Hi Grandma!

Hamlet; just wondering...does that cone itch much? It looks like it would be good in da snow:D.

Naw, I got a shot from the Dr and it cleared up. What can I say? Chicks dig it in da snow. On the beach, in a Train... in a box, with a Fox!

While were on the subject, see you at lizzy's for OC fish fry friday. With sauce.

I'll be the guy with the Burqa.

Why do you hate us?

m15.jpg

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Good Job Open Carrying At Chocolate Fest....but I have to disagree with showing I.D.

I can personally attest that the two times (not related to open carry) in Wisconsin that I have "cooperated" with the police that is cost me money and time at the Kenosha police department. Unfortunately I didn't figure it out with my first police "cooperation event" and I did it again which cost me time and money again. Never again. I broke no laws yet I was almost charged with a felony. Never talk to the police.

There are too many people who let the police do whatever they want and allow them to search their person(s), their cars, their homes and always because "if you don't have anything to hide.....". I have EVERYTHING to hide. It is none of their business. If I am not breaking any laws then I will not comply. I served the majority of my adult life in the U.S. military and I will not relinquish my rights just because they want me to.

Hope to see everyone at Lizzy's this Friday for fish fry!

wild boar

I can personally attest that the two times (not related to open carry) in Wisconsin that I have "cooperated" with the police that is cost me money and time at the Kenosha police department. Unfortunately I didn't figure it out with my first police "cooperation event" and I did it again which cost me time and money again. Never again. I broke no laws yet I was almost charged with a felony. Never talk to the police.

There are too many people who let the police do whatever they want and allow them to search their person(s), their cars, their homes and always because "if you don't have anything to hide.....". I have EVERYTHING to hide. It is none of their business. If I am not breaking any laws then I will not comply. I served the majority of my adult life in the U.S. military and I will not relinquish my rights just because they want me to.

Hope to see everyone at Lizzy's this Friday for fish fry!

I also served in the Army, 17,18,and 19. From 1973 to 1976, then, I had no rights. I will never acquiesce. It is more than apparent that there are a lot of OCers that will treat every encounter the same. You being a military man must understand that no two threats are equal. If you were to react to all actions with the same reaction, you sir, would not be around long. There are times to charge, times to retreat, times to remain still, and times to move, times to remain quiet, and times to talk. Make the correct choice at any one of these times, and, you live; otherwise, MIA, KIA, POW! People can think what they will, thats their right, and, mine.

HandyHamlet

People can think what they will, thats their right, and, mine.

Only I keep telling you I'm not posting about what I "think".

I'm posting from personal experience. The last of about 25 altercations (that I can even remember) was on St. Patrick's Day of this year while exercising my 1st Amendment rights. I was backed into a corner by a cop screaming in my face that I was breaking the law. Even though I had permission by the Chief Judge's Office to be there doing what I was doing.

Just about everyone here who has commented is speaking from experience. NOT from what they "think".

Yet you keep overlooking this.

p.s. Thanks for your service.

Last edited:

BROKENSPROKET

Only I keep telling you I'm not posting about what I "think".

I'm posting from personal experience. The last of about 25 altercations (that I can even remember) was on St. Patrick's Day of this year while exercising my 1st Amendment rights. I was backed into a corner by a cop screaming in my face that I was breaking the law. Even though I had permission by the Chief Judge's Office to be there doing what I was doing.

Just about everyone here who has commented is speaking from experience. NOT from what they "think".

Yet you keep overlooking this.

p.s. Thanks for your service.

So, all your agnst is about a situation that you expeirenced that has NOTHING to do with being ID'd while Open Carry. To your standard, that would be DISINGENUOS as that is not what was being discussed by the OP.

HandyHamlet

Say what?

And uhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmm.................................. No.

I'm saying I am basing my (and others here) decision to not provide ID when requested by police for Open Carrying on multiple past experiences with the police infringing on my Constitutional Rights. NOT on "what I think" as your friend keeps suggesting.

But your post is so far out there I have to thank you for the laugh.

For the SECOND TIME I was not insulting you or attacking you.

You threw out some half-@ass smoke screen to protect your buddy and I merely called you out on it. End of story. And if I read your intention wrong then I apologize. So for the love of god drop it.

Last edited:

paul@paul-fisher.com

By handing over ID, the image that we are showing the public is that the act of carrying a firearm, by itself, is a suspicious activity that warrants investigation by the police. IMHO.

And that is my big issue. We all know how rights disappear. They are slowly eroded. A LEO that asks for ID and gets it might next ask to search a car and be upset/over react when he is denied.

wild boar

To whom it may concern

why is it that i am being accused of capitulating? I never said to acquiesce. Some of you ocers; and you know who you are, have what if-ed everyones constitutional rights down the toilet but your own. When a person can't deny you entry to their private property without the threat of boycott, something stinks. If i choose to be vindicated when it comes to the second amendment, i will. Further, i will not trample on others rights for the sake of my own. When the hardened view of your rights intrude on mine, that's where it stops. I'm nobody's piss ant, and the blood on the constitution was split for all people, and all the rights with in. I'll deal with the facts, and by remaining vigilant, i'll take on reality as it presents it self. What if on. A friend in freedom, dennis hamm
as posted

wild boar

Speaking of gas

The Jews going to the gas chambers were under the impression they were just going to get to take a shower.

Speaking of gas; why, well I just don't know; anyway, I had beans last night and; believe it or not, my dog tried to bury me. :uhoh:

M

McX

Here Paul, i took your sentence and made something out of it you and i can relate to;
A LEO that asks for ID and gets upset/over react when he is denied, or even if one cooperates.

Da Po-lock

Ever been stopped by a cop for no reason while driving just to see if you have a license and insurance ?

Then why harass someone who is oc'ing for no reason ?

Driving is a privilege, bearing a gun is a right.

HandyHamlet

Yes.

Yep.

In the NAZI state I escaped from every spring and fall for almost 20 years I was pulled over simply for riding. They "just wanted to check my insurance". They claimed it was legal because they were never "just profiling motorcycles". Thank you "Supreme" Court. Then they started check points.

I fled.

I will not voluntarily submit to any check up here. I have no where else to flee. This doesn't mean I won't be civil though.

Last edited:

wild boar

Harassed by LEOs

Ever been stopped by a cop for no reason while driving just to see if you have a license and insurance ?

Then why harass someone who is oc'ing for no reason ?

Driving is a privilege, bearing a gun is a right.

I know what your saying, I can't count the number of times that I've been driving down the road, and without cause, have had to pull over, my day interrupted just to have the LEO fly past me. Why me, huh, I wasn't doing nothing; and if that wasn't bad enough, I get further down the road and have to stop again, why,just to see the LEO harassing my friend. He was just on the side of the road, parked up against a tree smoking, and this Leo starts spraying this whit stuff on him, thaaaaat bastard. I'm starting to wonder now that I have had time to absorb all of these tails of terror. Who do they think they are, First Responders, their all alike, thooooose bastards!

:cuss:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Reality Changes When It Happens To You...

When those of us who once were happy to comply and cooperate with police find themselves charged and arrested for a crime that was fabricated....well, you get the picture.

Many of us in WCI have been harassed, charged and arrested for fabricated crimes. I learned the hard way by cooperating.

Now I know my rights better than any police officer and I know most state and federal laws better than most police.

Exercise your rights, all the time.

M

McX

Wild Boar stop by the shop, you are due a free company baseball hat.

wild boar

the handful that beat this thread all to hell

Wild Boar.... the point is, in this country the residents are innocent until proven guilty. The police are prohibited, by the 4th Amendment, from stopping people just to verify they are law abiding citizens. The police in this country are here to catch criminals by following suspicion and evidence of crimes, not check up on the residents of this country to "keep them in check" or verify, in our everyday lives, that we are law abiding citizens. Our 2nd Amendment to the Constitution says that carrying a gun is not evidence or suspicion of a crime, it is a right.

If you don't like it that way, then, respectfully, feel free to move out.

I sir, respectfully decline. I am only; for a moment, entering the world of "what If" as many others have done. It was my right to allow the LEOs to run me, and I have caught nothing but crap for it, no more. If we don't agree, we can at least agree to disagree in a manor absent of malice.