• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Company supports Governent agencys taking way our freedoms and liberty.

zack991

I will say this that I find the excuses the DEA gives for their BIG BROTHER OPERATIONS as extremely dangerous. They trample on our Rights in the name of safety, I consider their acts as treasonous against the American People. They also go against the concept of liberty our founding fathers built this great country on. Anyone buying this model Mossberg should have their head examined. The loss of freedoms and liberty represented by the DEA is NOT something that should be glorified.
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2011 ... l-edition/
Mossberg put together a one-off special edition of the Mossberg 500 SPX engraved with the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) logo. The gun is being donated to a fundraiser to support their fallen agents

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
That gun companies support government agencies taking away our freedom is nothing new. Its not like the alphabet agencies are buying guns exclusively overseas, or ever were.

I like the idea of presenting it that way, though.

Last edited:

MR Redenck

Im not sure why this means Mossburg support taking away freedom and liberties.
I jsut dont see it.
Looks like their just doing something to boost sales to me.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Here's an appropriate response: DON'T BUY IT.

Let it be a DEA-only firearm. I have a friend in the New Orleans DEA who lost his life in the line of duty, although in a relatively peaceful way.

Doesn't matter. Let it be commensurative of their passing.

It's their territory. Leave it alone.

- since9

Daylen

Mossberg is not doing anything wrong. DEA is a big customer of theirs, I see nothing wrong with a company doing something to honor and help a customer. However, I don't exactly see eye to eye with the need for such a standing army so I'll not be purchasing any such firearm.

Dreamer

"zack991",

By your logic, we should boycott ALL major firearms manufacturers, as well as most automobile manufacturers, electronics manufactures and clothing manufacturers as well, because they ALL support these agencies in some way.

Yeah THAT will get their attention. A bunch of unarmed, unclothed, unplugged protestors on foot... :banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:

Shovelhead

Maybe there will be a future BATF-E edition of the AR-15 and AK-47 in the works for sale only along the Southern US border........

Last edited:

jbone

I'm sure there's never been a commemorative gun that supports any aspect of Freedom by any U.S. gun manufacture. JC, the things we find to spin and whine about!