• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone got any info on Denver confiscating weapons merely upon discovery?

S

scubabeme

I've heard that Denver is confiscating lawfully carried guns (and not returning them) if it's discovered that one is being carried. Any truth, anyhow the heck
Do they get away
With it?

zzclancy

Yes

Denver does, they charge you with something - anything. They agree to drop charges and you let them keep the guns. The only exception I know of is if you have a concealed handgun permit. They just leave you alone.

INSPGAD

Denver

The City of Denver Has laws against Open Carry of Hand guns etc. Some how they were able to get the State to allow them to make this Illegal. What a bunch of B.S.

since9

Campaign Veteran
The City of Denver Has laws against Open Carry of Hand guns etc. Some how they were able to get the State to allow them to make this Illegal.

Denver claimed their police state was exempt under "home rule." It went to the state supreme court, but since Denver was the defendant and the court was hung with an even vote (one abstained), their contention was merely put into stasis.

I doubt it would survive a ruling by a federal court, much less the U.S. Supreme Court.

Pace

a federal court would not rule on this, let alone SCOTUS.

Denver claimed their police state was exempt under "home rule." It went to the state supreme court, but since Denver was the defendant and the court was hung with an even vote (one abstained), their contention was merely put into stasis.

I doubt it would survive a ruling by a federal court, much less the U.S. Supreme Court.