• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ranting

TechnoWeenie

So, I was on another forum, where I posted the video of people getting arrested for dancing at the Jefferson memorial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy1F7otQNWk

and some guy really got me ticked..... So it got me thinking....

Below is my rant.....

:nobs:

They also go through all the legal means to protest without issue. IE getting a permit :rtfm:

Oh. So you need a PERMIT to peaceably assemble, speak, or petition?

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Wait...

You need a PERMIT to have a gun, or in some cases, can't have one at all.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,[color:#CC0000] the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.[/color]

Wait... People can talk to dogs, and the dogs say they smell drugs, so clearly, lets destroy a house to find drugs.. but oh wait.. there are none... Woops! Oh.... and we don't need a warrant.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

USSC rules that in order to remain silent, you must speak. If you have a password, or a key, and don't wanna give it up, they'll keep you in prison until you talk. Journalist who doesn't wanna give up his source? Prison.

nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

Oh, hey there Mr. land owner, this strip mall wants your property, so we're gonna give you pennies on the dollar for it, sell it to the developer for ridiculous profit, then claim that because there will be increased tax revenue, it'll be all OK.. it is for the public good, after all..

nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation

How bout being held for a year, because you can't post bail, just to be found not guilty? Wait, only guilty people get arrested..

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the State and district wherein the crime shall have been committed,

And there'd never be an animal accusing you of a crime because he smelled something, or a camera taking a picture, or a seizure of money because grandma is retiring to Florida and brought her life savings with her.. or have defense counsel work for the prosecutors office..

to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the Assistance of Counsel for his defence.

Oh.. right.. Forgot, that's CRIMINAL prosecution... well lets just make a law making it NOT a crime, it's a 'civil notice', oh, well then they can charge you with whatever they want, for whatever reason they wanna come up with, after all, it's only CRIMINAL acts that are covered... Surely NO ONE would put up with it.. You want proof? Tough ****, they're not charging you with a crime. Want a hearing? The hearing fee is non-refundable and is the cost of the 'notice', and you get penalized by the system for contesting it, as you now pay for the hearing, and your 'notice'..

... and surely, everyone has a cool million to post bond with, right? Oh, and that 'civil infraction' for speeding? Yeah, $1500, not excessive at all (Virginia)

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

The constitution LIMITS government... wait... but.... #%#... Let's pass some laws, now the constitution is merely saying what the people are allowed to do, not what the government can't do.... Perfect!

The enumeration in the Constitution of certain rights shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

#%##... there's this thing saying that the power we don't have, is the peoples.. #%#%! Oh... easy.. We'll just say we have all the power.... Whew! That was a close one! (No happy meals, gotta have car insurance,etc etc)

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

I could go on.

TechnoWeenie

nicely done...mind if I copy it?

Be my guest.

I just got SERIOUSLY pissed when he said 'get a permit'..

The guy who posted the original statement 'Get a permit!'.. doesn't get how bassackwards it is to get a permit to speak freely.

You have a RIGHT to speak freely and peaceably assemble, but ONLY if you get a permit, WTF?!

Last edited: