• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater June OC Dinner - BD Mongolian Grill - Hampton 6/8/11 7pm

45acpForMe

http://www.gomongo.com/locations/locationDetails.php?loc=39

bd's Mongolian Grill
3530 Von Schilling
Hampton VA 23666
(757) 262-1283

7pm Wednesday June 8th

I have been meaning to schedule a dinner here for a while and finally got around to it. They have a selection of meats and veggies that you choose from in your bowl and alot of different sauces to add. Once you create your bowl you take it up to the cooks and watch it cooked. You can get one bowl for a one time trip which is usually enough for me or unlimited for a bit more for several trips to the grill.

Hopefully 1000ydshooter can join us and tell us what its like to be literally in the middle of nowhere for a while. :)

ETA: One thing about BD's is that if you don't like the food it is your own fault since you chose the ingredients and sauces. So usually it is pretty darn good. :) The cooking is fun to watch too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRlj5vjp3Ko

Last edited:

chammer

I should be able to make that. I work in Norfolk, and don't get off til 6. Getting home in NN and over to Hampton by 7 is going to be cutting it short. Will most likely come to just hang out as its not really my taste in food, but we'll see. :)

45acpForMe

It's a conspiracy...I'm deployed AGAIN! :mad:

Well since you are always deployed it isn't a conspiracy! :)

You can schedule a dinner when you are NOT deployed. If you get deployed between the time you schedule the dinner and it happens, then it is probably a conspiracy!

Chammer you can come straight from work to save time.

45acpForMe

Headcount

Ok so here is how the headcount looks:

1....45acpForMe
2....1000ydshooter
1....chammer
1....kimbercarrier
0....wolf-father (probably not)
-------------------------------
5 for now

They have lots of room so there is no need for any reservation (unless our party was going to be over 20-30). I'll get to the restaurant about 15 minutes early and be out front. If you show up late just look for a table with holstered guns (or ask the hostess where the gun table is) :)

For anyone that hasn't been there before, BD's faces Target so you can park anywhere between the two.

Last edited:

1000ydshooter

Formerly Kwajalein atoll, and Iraq. Now Zuni Va
Got updated count. Will be for me. Bringing the kids so i can take them to Bass Pro before to get their bows set up so we can start practicing. Anyone comeing tonite if you have a few extra VCDl concealed carry cards and OCDO cards, Id like to see if i could get a few. mine got lost some where in the past year of being gone. Thanks.. See everyone tonite.

45acpForMe

Got updated count. Will be for me. Bringing the kids so i can take them to Bass Pro before to get their bows set up so we can start practicing. Anyone comeing tonite if you have a few extra VCDl concealed carry cards and OCDO cards, Id like to see if i could get a few. mine got lost some where in the past year of being gone. Thanks.. See everyone tonite.

So what is your headcount? 2,3? It doesn't matter much just if I get there early I can tell them we need a table for 8 or so.

For OC info cards send "Ed" a self addressed stamped envelope with two stamps and he will mail you some cards. He is updating the card for the changes this year.
edsoccards.jpg

Eds Cards
PO BOX 16143
Washington, DC 20041-6143

user

Accomplished Advocate
I was thinking that there's some nonzero probability that I could be there. So I tried to find the place. What I discovered is that the address given appears to be a mailing address - the website link shows a map that places it North of Mercury Blvd., which doesn't appear to go through Hampton at all. Which means it could be anywhere served by the Hampton P.O. Very frustrating. It's hard to get Mongolian BBQ by mail.

Last edited:

45acpForMe

I was thinking that there's some nonzero probability that I could be there. So I tried to find the place. What I discovered is that the address given appears to be a mailing address - the website link shows a map that places it North of Mercury Blvd., which doesn't appear to go through Hampton at all. Which means it could be anywhere served by the Hampton P.O. Very frustrating. It's hard to get Mongolian BBQ by mail.

It is actually pretty easy to find. There is a Target right by Mercury and I64. BD's is on the far (north) side of Target's parking lot facing Target. There is also a Five Guys and Chipotle a bit closer to Target as well as a few other restaurants.

So if you exit Mercury (towards Hampton, not NN) turn left on Coliseum Drive and left on Von Schilling (through a stop sign or two for pedestrian traffic) it is on the right (park across the street). The map has jcpenney (wrongly) on the Target building on Kilgore Ave.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou....042101,-76.393915&spn=0.003811,0.014548&z=17

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sou...7.043356,-76.393229&spn=0.001905,0.00523&z=18

Last edited:

45acpForMe

1....45acpForMe
2....1000ydshooter
1....chammer
1....kimbercarrier
0....wolf-father (probably not)
0....user (proability above zero) :)
1....MuddyTires07
-------------------------------
6 for now with two "slightly" possible

1000ydshooter didn't say how many but we can ask for a table that will fit 10 so others can join if they decide to show up. I hope user shows up, I would like to meet him.

chammer

I may not be there after all. I'm having to do maintenance in our server environment during the 3-6am window we have so I will need to be in bed by 9pm at the latest. So I may not show this evening, however, if I do I won't be able to stay for very long. :(

45acpForMe

Nice to see everyone

Had a good time talking.

Welcome back to civilization 1000, and glad chammer was able to make it.

The service was a bit slow but gave us time to talk.

Now to digest...... Eyes getting heavy...... Stomache gurgling....... :D

chammer

Thanks all. I enjoyed meeting everyone and chatting for a bit. Sucks I had to leave so early, but as you can see I get to be up and at work at 3am lol. At least I get out of here at 11am then its range time. :)

I will be looking forward to the next one! :banana: