• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taking forever in Wisconsin!

safcrkr

1. There is likely to be a lawsuit over this bill.
2. Uncle Bob LaFollette will refuse to set a publication date alleging uncertainty over its legality.
3. Even if LRB publishes the new law, local police will start massive patdowns looking for "illegal" concealed carry.

Don't expect the benefits of this law until closer to the end of the year. Not even by then, if certain parties think it can be stalled until a Walker recall is played out. The only exception would be if the WI Supreme Court bitch-slaps Judge Sumi over the budget issue. Then the opposition will hunker down and plan an strategy of attrition.

1.) Go ahead and play devil's advocate... on what grounds will there be a lawsuit?

2.) Without a lawsuit, he cannot, and will not refuse to do his job.

3.) Now there's grounds for lawsuits.

As long as there's no procedural misconduct in passage, the law will take effect. It's getting there that'll be the problem.

apjonas

This is not hypothetical.....

1.) Go ahead and play devil's advocate... on what grounds will there be a lawsuit?

**If we have learned anything, it is that the opposition can pull a reason out of their posterior. Perhaps a claim that when the bill was voted on, the Republicans weren't wearing clean underwear. I am not saying that they will be ultimately successful but since they control Dane County judges they can play rope-a-dope until the environment changes.

2.) Without a lawsuit, he cannot, and will not refuse to do his job.

**Sure he can. There was no basis in law for his behavior on the budget bill. But he did it. Any sort of complaint will give him cover.

3.) Now there's grounds for lawsuits.

**Which is what is desired - delay and confusion are the tools that will be used.

As long as there's no procedural misconduct in passage, the law will take effect. It's getting there that'll be the problem.

**Again, anybody who can read English knows that there was no procedural misconduct with regard to SB11. Sumi probably thinks she might as well be hung for a sheep as for a lamb. If not there are other pliable political hacks in robes. Don't be naive, these people are vicious.

apjonas

Maybe

Sumi blocked the collective bargaining bill because there was questions about the open meetings law being violated.

**The law is clear on this matter. Sumi had to pretend that certain rules didn't exist to rule as she did. You can always come up with a reason if the judge is inclined to your side.

The WSC will vacate her decision in the next week anyway because she had no authority to even hear that case, and she should have recused herself due to her sons position with the union being a conflict of interest.

**This is exactly what I said would be the only way out (at least for now). I rather doubt that anything will happen next week other than the hearing. Aunt Shirley has the power and motive to d--r--a--g this out for a long time. I still am hoping her respect for the law will override her political leanings but I am not so confident given the molasses-like speed at which she's moved so far.