• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

UOC in Costa Mesa

oc4ever

Costa Mesa is hard

It is very hard to get around most of Costa mesa without being near a school zone. The only large area that does not have schools every 10 blocks is north of the 405 and around the area east of Bristol by the airport and South Coast Plaza. If you OC at South Coast Plaza mall, you are definitely going to get to meet the local LEO's. They maintain a substation on property and will be on foot frequently. I think "mall" OC'ing is a really bad idea, but has anyone done it there? Is it posted at South Coast Plaza?

Last edited:

demnogis

It is very hard to get around most of Costa mesa without being near a school zone. The only large area that does not have schools every 10 blocks is north of the 405 and around the area east of Bristol by the airport and South Coast Plaza. If you OC at South Coast Plaza mall, you are definitely going to get to meet the local LEO's. They maintain a substation on property and will be on foot frequently. I think "mall" OC'ing is a really bad idea, but has anyone done it there? Is it posted at South Coast Plaza?
I've done it there. Even if I could go back, I never would. Even though I had the money to pursue the PD, no lawyer would take my case >_>