Thread: AB-143 to be signed by Governor on June 3

AB-143 to be signed by Governor on June 3

Got a call from Assemblyman David Bobzien's office inviting me to the Governor's signing ceremony for AB-143, scheduled for Friday, June3, 2011, at 2:30 p.m.

Would LOVE to attend, but don't think I can miss work then.

AB-143 will enact "Any Semi-auto" and "CCW Confidentiality."

Attend if you can!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AB-282 is in the hands of a Conference Committee. Much remains uncertain. See the thread "AB-282 Amended": http://nevadashooters.com/showthread.php?t=18866

When does it go into effect? Are existing permits subject to the new openness?

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    Effective date is October 1 because the bill doesn't specify an effective date.

Quote Originally Posted by Yard Sale View Post
    My guess is that you will be subject to the old restriction untill you A) renew, or B) add another semi-auto and receive your new card that reads "---SEMIAUTOMATIC AUTHORIZED---" rather than the list of semi autos you have qualified with under the old system.

Once the new law goes into effect though it would be unlikely that you would be charged for carrying a semi that wasn't listed on your old card, but I wouldn't chance it.

A good question for those who had cc permits when the "any revolver" was legislated.
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Nevada carrier View Post
    My guess is that you will be subject to the old restriction untill you A) renew, or B) add another semi-auto and receive your new card that reads "---SEMIAUTOMATIC AUTHORIZED---" rather than the list of semi autos you have qualified with under the old system.

Once the new law goes into effect though it would be unlikely that you would be charged for carrying a semi that wasn't listed on your old card, but I wouldn't chance it.
    Actually, that question was asked in the hearing and NSCA Exec Dir Frank Adams said it would be treated the same as when we got "any revolver."

If you have a semi-auto on your existing permit, you will be okay to carry any semi-auto - after the new law goes into effect.

According to this: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/7...ory.cfm?ID=349, it was signed today.

"Approved by the Governor. Chapter 165."

Ken

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyKen View Post
    According to this: http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/7...ory.cfm?ID=349, it was signed today.

"Approved by the Governor. Chapter 165."

Ken
    Well, GOOD! VERY GOOD!

Must have been a change in plans. But that is GOOD!