• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Farmington

repomasterstl

I was looking over city ordinaces tonight and cities I frequent this is what I came across.

SECTION 210.250: WEAPONS -- CARRYING CONCEALED -- OTHER UNLAWFUL USE

A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:

1. Carries concealed upon or about his/her person a knife, a firearm, a blackjack or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use;

2. Sets a spring gun;

3. Discharges or shoots a firearm except in Hunting Heritage Protection Areas as defined in Section 252.243, RSMo.;

4. Exhibits, in the presence of one (1) or more persons, any weapon readily capable of lethal use in an angry or threatening manner;

5. Possesses a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated;

6. Openly carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use except in Hunting Heritage Protection Areas as defined in Section 252.243, RSMo.;

7. Carries a firearm, whether loaded or unloaded, or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any school, onto any school bus, or onto the premises of any function or activity sponsored or sanctioned by school officials or the district school board.
Then

D. Subparagraphs (1), (6) and (7) of Subsection (A) of this Section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to Sections 571.101 to 571.121, RSMo., or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another State or political subdivision of another State.

Am I reading it right as to yes with permit?

kcgunfan

I would think so, with the possible exception of 4. I can see that being a problem with an overgenerous interpretation.

cshoff

Yes. Assuming that what you posted is the official language used in their ordinance, then you would be correct in your reading of it. OC would be legal in Farmington with a valid CCW endorsement.

wow6599

I would think so, with the possible exception of 4. I can see that being a problem with an overgenerous interpretation.

I see that as you can't brandish the weapon.

And for the record, I OC'd around Farmington this past weekend (I have a CCL) ........went down to see the family and stayed at the Holiday Inn. That part of the world doesn't frown on firearms unless you look different than them - just a fact.

I was born and raised in St. Francois County, moved to W STL County when I was 21......I go back about 2-3 times a month.

kylemoul

yes as long as you have a ccw, but if you carry openly and are intoxicated that would be a violation.

that is a common weapons offense writing; that is also the language of florrisant for example

remember that cities can write violations about carrying concealed, but state law preempts that

cshoff

yes as long as you have a ccw, but if you carry openly and are intoxicated that would be a violation.

that is a common weapons offense writing; that is also the language of florrisant for example

remember that cities can write violations about carrying concealed, but state law preempts that

That ordinance (Farmington 210.250.A.5), as written, could not be enforced. The state has not only preempted concealed firearms, but also the possession of firearms. That ordinance specifically attempts to regulate possession. Since it is not in exact compliance with RSMO 571.030.1.(5), it is not enforceable.

Last edited: