• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

On through the night-thurston county OC

Schlepnier

Another good conduct award for the thurston county sheriff's office.

I work a swing shift and am not a "gym" person, so for much needed exercise i walk about 2 1/2 miles every day after work (read after 1am) around my housing community.

Now i live out in the boonies so to speak so i alway carry(well thats true any time i am not at work), but when it gets warmer out as we head into summer i often end up OC simply because i get to warm with a jacket on.
On occassion the TCS cruise the housing community and i have seen them drive through many times. tonight was no exception. i was OC at the time and the sheriffs car never slowed as he cruised by. this will be at least the 3rd or 4th time since last summer that on of the deputies has driven by while i was OC with no problems to report.

:banana:

ATF Consumer

That is awesome when they respect citizens exercising the right to carry without immediately thinking you are some type of criminal...good to hear!!!:monkey

Wolfebane

I bet it was just because it was dark and he wasn't really paying attention. If it had been daylight my money is on some hassles being handed out by them.

Wolfebane

Way to be positive and supportive! Regardless if seen or not, TCSO is up to date on OC'ing.

My fault, bad day and all. I am glad that nothing happened, but the effect of darkness on the drive by of the cruiser is still a question for me, and I'm going to assume the cruiser passed on his strong side, though this was never specified.

Last edited:

hermannr

Wolfbane, there are some really good Sheriffs in this state. The only one I know that is a problem is King County.

Over here in Okanogan Co, you will never be hasseled. It just isn't going to happen.

Schlepnier

My fault, bad day and all. I am glad that nothing happened, but the effect of darkness on the drive by of the cruiser is still a question for me, and I'm going to assume the cruiser passed on his strong side, though this was never specified.
Indeed it was, i walk on the apropriate side of the street facing oncoming traffic(there is no sidewalks) and thats the way he approached me. i carry right handed so the holster is on the right hip.