• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Letter to the editor in response to another letter.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Here is the letter to the editor I wrote in response to the attached letter to the editor:

Mr. Grant of Whitewater stated that only police should have guns. It may sound trite but when seconds count, police are only minutes away. The Supreme Court of the United States has ruled in Warren v. DC that the police have no responsibility to protect us. There have been many documented cases of individuals bearing arms stopping harm against themselves or their families. The shooting in a Brookfield Church in 2005 shows that no place is guaranteed safe. Just imagine how many lives might have been saved if one of the congregants had a firearm? 79% of the people of Wisconsin in 1998 voted in favor of amending the state Constitution. Article 1, Section 25 now says “The people have the right to keep and bear arms for security, defense, hunting, recreation or any other lawful purpose.” It clear that the word ‘bear’ means carry and to bear for ‘security’ and ‘defense’ requires carrying outside the home. Currently, I do carry everywhere I can openly with no permit and no formal training. I should not have to get a permit or training to wear a coat that may cover my firearm in the winter. Most of the time I get no reaction but when I do it is overwhelmingly positive. SB93 is the correct choice for this state an all elected officials should support it. I appreciate Representatives Wynn, Nass and August as well as Senator Kedzie supporting it. It is time for WI to join other states in freedom.

Attachments

• LTE.pdf
    141.8 KB · Views: 121

paul@paul-fisher.com

I see your original comment printed at the top of this page, but I can't see the PDF very well. :eek: It also looks like there may be another interesting comment from some lady.

Ahhh.... I just re-opened it. I'm not sure what happened! Dang it! I'll see what I can do. It is basically what I wrote up top. They edited a few words before publishing but didn't change intent.