• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Dinner At Lizzy's Green Cafe! 3 JUNE 2011

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
OK folks, it is time to meet and eat at Lizzy's Green Cafe! Remember it is all you can eat fried fish but they also have chicken sandwiches, fish sandwiches, several salads, chowder, chile, grilled Salmon, Talapia and more.

Also, there are a few items NOT on the menu but instead written on the white board behind the counter. One of the new dishes is a "Seafood Platter". I have had it the last three times and it is a lot of food. I always take about half home with me. Very, very good!

Adam has asked us to try to arrive around 6:30 or a little later so we will have adequate table space for our group. We do tend to take up a large portion of the dining room! :)

Remember that Adam and Lizzy SUPPORT OPEN CARRY! Coming soon (hopefully): Bumper Sticker "Lizzy's Green Cafe, Kansasville WI: An Open Carry Diner"

3731 S Beaumont Ave
Kansasville, WI 53139

Phone: (262) 878-6162

oak1971

I shall be there with bells on. Not really but my car is making more racket than Santa's sleigh.:cuss: Need to see MCX about that.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Awesome!

It's a pretty long drive for us, but I'm trying to entice my wife into letting me buy her Friday Night Fish. Um-m-m-m.... I think the last time I was in that neck of the woods it was to go to the drags at Union Grove; I remember the first sight I saw (and heard!) after getting into the track was Art Arfons making a run in his Allison V-12 engined, "Green Monster". Awesome! :eek:

Last edited:

Outdoorsman1

I am also going to do my best to be there... maybe I'll bring (open carry) my new (future) concealed carry firearm... Glock 27 Gen. 4 ... Sub-Compact .40 Cal W/ 9 Round Mag. = 9+1 fully loaded... Seems TINY compared to the full size XD-40.

Oh yea.. Just curious... why the new thread.. old Lizzy's thread here...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...lizzy-s-green-cafe-friday-the-4th-at-7-00-p.m.!

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
LOL! Peter means his "Browning Hi-Power"! I Wish I Had One!

Define "Hi-power"... I could bring the Judge fully loaded with .45 Cal. If that would qualify, I hate to see anybody sit alone....:lol:

Outdoorsman1

Seems like a lot of people plan on being there! GREAT! Dave, it will be good to see you again. We can discuss the trip for the 25th to Alma this Friday at Lizzy's.

Now about that 1911.....

1245A Defender

nahuh!

It's a pretty long drive for us, but I'm trying to entice my wife into letting me buy her Friday Night Fish. Um-m-m-m.... I think the last time I was in that neck of the woods it was to go to the drags at Union Grove; I remember the first sight I saw (and heard!) after getting into the track was Art Arfons making a run in his Allison V-12 engined, "Green Monster". Awesome! :eek:

the green monster didnt have any V,,anythings!!!
it was a giant Jet Engine with some wheels under it!!

back on topic,, i wish i could come to enjoy the captains platter,
but ill be busy that night, and the drive is a bit far for me.
as a member of the 45 club i would also want to show off
my new "articulated, wrap, belt slider" holster,
that holds my FNP-45 with laser and light!!

Outdoorsman1

Ahhhhhh....

Quote from link....

"The Browning Hi-Power is a single-action, 9 mm semi-automatic handgun."

My question... how can a 9mm be considered "High Power.

JUST KIDDING.. I know... Mag capacity for the times....

I learned something new today.. Thanks for the lesson in firearm manufacturers...

Outdoorsman1

Last edited:

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Damn young whippersnappers....

the green monster didnt have any V,,anythings!!!
it was a giant Jet Engine with some wheels under it!!....
Ah, sir; you just don't go back far enough.... From Wikipedia:
...but by 1953 the Green Monster Number 2, a 20 foot (6 m) long six wheeled car powered by an Allison V12 aircraft engine, was hitting 100 miles per hour (160 km/h) in the quarter mile. Green Monster Number 2 was painted by Arfons' mother to resemble the World War II Curtiss P-40 Flying Tigers fighter airplane, with an open mouth showing large teeth. The top speed of the car was estimated at 270 miles per hour (435 km/h), and it could reach 140 miles per hour (225 km/h) in nine to ten seconds from a standing start. Running on passenger car tires, the car required four wheels on the rear drive axle to withstand the power. At the first World Series of Drag Racing at Lawrenceville, Illinois, it clocked the highest top speed at 132.35 miles per hour (213.00 km/h), and eventually a world record of 145.16 mph (233.61 km/h).
:dude:

blaze

Wow, Itz gonna be a fab time, Lizzes on friday, Starbuckers on sunday. I git to open carry pistola and hid carry me secret camcorder. Just hope the cops dont cum for some reason. Gonna be fun, fun, fun.