• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Immediate action required...Mon or Tues at latest!!!

Grant Guess

The Republican Party of Wisconsin Platform and Resolution 2011-3 ;
Pertaining to the Second Amendment

by Annette Olson on Tuesday, May 31, 2011 at 9:32am

The Republican Party of Wisconsin

Platform and 2nd Amendment Resolution

As passed by delegates at the GOP Convention

May 21, 2011

Wisconsin Dells, WI

CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS

We believe that our basic Constitutional rights begin at conception and continue until death.

We believe it is important to have references to God in the Pledge of Allegiance. As it states in the Declaration of Independence, “we are endowed by our Creator with the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness” which makes clear that certain rights can’t be taken away by government.

We believe statements regarding religion and morality made by the Founding Fathers are as important to day as they were over 200 years ago.

We believe the language in the Pledge of Allegiance and the Declaration of Independence are very important and must be protected. We reject the idea that because the times change so must the meaning of the language in the Pledge and the Declaration.

RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS

The Republican Party of Wisconsin is a vigilant supporter of the right of individuals to keep and bear arms embodied in both the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States and Article I, Section 25, of the Wisconsin Constitution.

We therefore oppose all efforts to restrict the ownership, manufacture, transfer, carry or sale of firearms by law-abiding citizens. We further oppose all efforts to require registration of firearms in the possession of law abiding citizens, as well as efforts to bankrupt firearms manufacturers through frivolous, unethical lawsuits.

Instead, we call for proper enforcement of the many existing laws against those who commit crimes. For safety’s sake, we encourage voluntary training in the use of firearms. We cannot ignore the clear lessons of history regarding the tyranny and suffering which can fall upon a disarmed and vulnerable people.

2011 – 3: 2nd Amendment

WHEREAS the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution states, in part: “The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” and,

WHEREAS “to keep” means to purchase and possess; “to bear” means to carry and use; “to infringe” means to limit, restrict or hinder in any way; and,

WHEREAS, a simple and unencumbered understanding of the Second Amendment would logically make invalid any laws against a Constitutional Carry of firearms; and,

WHEREAS, the historical safety record of Vermont, the only state in the Union which has never banned concealed carry for its citizens verifies the success and safety of allowing un-infringed Second Amendment freedoms; and,

WHEREAS, a resident of Wisconsin who enjoys the freedom of constitutional carry may wish to lawfully carry in any state where a permit is yet required; and,

WHEREAS, reciprocity agreements are frequently devised between states to the mutual benefit and safety of non-resident travelers;

Now

THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, by the Republican Party of Wisconsin, in caucus assembled, that the government that cannot protect the citizen from violations against his life or property must not take away from its citizens the right to protect themselves; and,

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that all laws, statutes (especially but not limited to Sections 941.23 and 167.31(2) (b)) or ordinances be repealed that restrict the right of the citizen to carry concealed, when that citizen is lawfully allowed to possess firearms; and,

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that in taking these actions the Wisconsin Legislature acknowledges that it recognizes the right to carry as a constitutional freedom for all adult citizens that shall not be infringed by future laws, ordinances or executive orders; and,

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that a simple streamlined optional permit system be implemented that will enable those citizens that so desire to obtain reciprocal concealed carry with other states.

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, the Republican Party of Wisconsin supports that concealed carry reciprocity be recognized by all jurisdictions nationwide in order to render all permitting in Wisconsin and elsewhere obsolete, and

BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that the Republican Party of Wisconsin stands in support of re-introducing, and passage of, AB 193 and that this legislation also include immunity from civil liability be expanded to include all locations, not just a person’s residence.

Wisconsin Republican Senators Email List:

By copying and pasting these lists into the "To:" line of your email client (Gmail, Hotmail, Outlook, Apple Mail, etc...) you will in effect email ALL of these people at once.

"Robert Cowles" <Sen.cowles@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Alberta Darling" <Sen.darling@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Micheal Ellis" <Sen.ellis@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Scott Fitzgerald" <Sen.fitzgerald@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Pam Galloway" <Sen.Galloway@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Glen Grothman" <Sen.Grothman@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Sheila Harsdorf" <Sen.harsdorf@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Randy Hopper" <Sen.Hopper@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Dan Kapanke" <Sen.kapanke@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Neal Kedzie" <Sen.kedzie@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Frank Lasee" <Sen.Lasee@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Mary Lazich" <Sen.lazich@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Joseph Leibham" <Sen.leibham@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Terry Moulton" <Sen.Moulton@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Luther Olsen" <Sen.olsen@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Dale Schultz" <Sen.schultz@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Leah Vukmir" <Sen.Vukmir@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Van Wanggaard" <Sen.Wanggaard@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Rich Zipperer" <Sen.Zipperer@legis.wisconsin.gov>;

Wisconsin Republican Representatives Email List:

"Tyler August" <Rep.August@legis.wi.gov>; "Joan Ballweg" <Rep.Ballweg@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Kathy Bernier" <Rep.Bernier@legis.wi.gov>; "Gary Bies" <Rep.Bies@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Ed Brooks" <Rep.Brooks@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "David Craig" <Rep.Craig@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Mike Endsley" <Rep.Endsley@legis.wi.gov>; "Paul Farrow" <Rep.Farrow@legis.wi.gov>; "Jeff Fitzgerald" <Rep.Fitzgerald@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Mark Honadel" <Rep.Honadel@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Andre Jacque" <Rep.Jacque@legis.wi.gov>; "Chris Kapenga" <Rep.Kapenga@legis.wi.gov>; "Dean Kaufert" <Rep.Kaufert@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Samantha Kerkman" <Rep.Kerkman@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Steve Kestell" <Rep.Kestell@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Joel Kleefisch" <Rep.Kleefisch@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "John Klenke" <Rep.Klenke@legis.wi.gov>; "Joseph Knilans" <Rep.Knilans@legis.wi.gov>; "Daniel Knodl" <Rep.Knodl@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Dean Knudson" <Rep.Knudson@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Dale Kooyenga" <Rep.Kooyenga@legis.wi.gov>; "Bill Kramer" <Rep.Kramer@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Scott Krug" <Rep.Krug@legis.wi.gov>; "Mike Kuglitsch" <Rep.Kuglitsch@legis.wi.gov>; "Tom Larson" <Rep.Larson@legis.wi.gov>; "Daniel LeMahieu" <Rep.LeMahieu@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Michelle Litjens" <Rep.Litjens@legis.wi.gov>; "Amy Loudenbeck" <Rep.Loudenbeck@legis.wi.gov>; "Howard Marklein" <Rep.Marklein@legis.wi.gov>; "Cory Mason" <Rep.Mason@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Dan Meyer" <Rep.Meyer@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Jeffrey Mursau" <Rep.Mursau@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "John Murtha" <Rep.Murtha@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Stephen Nass" <Rep.Nass@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Lee Nerison" <Rep.Nerison@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "John Nygren" <Rep.Nygren@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Jim Ott" <Rep.OttJ@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Alvin Ott" <Rep.Ott@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Kevin Petersen" <Rep.Petersen@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Jerry Petrowski" <Rep.Petrowski@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Warren Petryk" <Rep.Petryk@legis.wi.gov>; "Mark Pocan" <Rep.Pocan@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Donald Pridemore" <Rep.Pridemore@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Keith Ripp" <Rep.Ripp@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Roger Rivard" <Rep.Rivard@legis.wi.gov>; "Erik Severson" <Rep.Severson@legis.wi.gov>; "Richard Spanbauer" <Rep.Spanbauer@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Jim Steineke" <Rep.Steineke@legis.wi.gov>; "Jeff Stone" <Rep.Stone@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Patricia Strachota" <Rep.Strachota@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Duey Stroebel" <Rep.stroebel@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Scott Suder" <Rep.Suder@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Gary Tauchen" <Rep.Tauchen@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Jeremy Thiesfeldt" <Rep.Thiesfeldt@legis.wi.gov>; "Thomas Tiffany" <Rep.Tiffany@legis.wi.gov>; "Travis Tranel" <Rep.Tranel@legis.wi.gov>; "Robin Vos" <Rep.Vos@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Chad Weininger" <Rep.Weininger@legis.wi.gov>; "Mary Williams" <Rep.WilliamsM@legis.wisconsin.gov>; "Evan Wynn" <Rep.wynn@legis.wi.gov>;

Last edited:

AaronS

Wow, and this was your first post?

Great post.
We need to do our best to hold them to this. Not much "wiggle" room when it is printed.

Thanks for the posting, and welcome to the forum.

Gomir

emails

here is the list that will work with incredimail

Sen.cowles@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.darling@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.ellis@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.fitzgerald@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.Galloway@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.Grothman@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.harsdorf@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.Hopper@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.kapanke@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.kedzie@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.Lasee@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.lazich@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.leibham@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.Moulton@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.olsen@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.schultz@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.Vukmir@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.Wanggaard@legis.wisconsin.gov; Sen.Zipperer@legis.wisconsin.gov;

Rep.August@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Ballweg@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Bernier@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Bies@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Brooks@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Craig@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Endsley@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Farrow@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Fitzgerald@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Honadel@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Jacque@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Kapenga@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Kaufert@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Kerkman@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Kestell@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Kleefisch@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Klenke@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Knilans@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Knodl@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Knudson@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Kooyenga@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Kramer@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Krug@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Kuglitsch@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Larson@legis.wi.gov; Rep.LeMahieu@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Litjens@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Loudenbeck@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Marklein@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Mason@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Meyer@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Mursau@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Murtha@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Nass@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Nerison@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Nygren@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.OttJ@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Ott@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Petersen@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Petrowski@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Petryk@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Pocan@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Pridemore@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Ripp@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Rivard@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Severson@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Spanbauer@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Steineke@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Stone@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Strachota@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.stroebel@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Suder@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Tauchen@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Thiesfeldt@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Tiffany@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Tranel@legis.wi.gov; Rep.Vos@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.Weininger@legis.wi.gov; Rep.WilliamsM@legis.wisconsin.gov; Rep.wynn@legis.wi.gov;

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Constitutional Carry passed as part of the Republican platform without objection. We'll see who are the RINOs or those Republicans without the integrity to support their own party's platform.

CalicoJack10

This is what I sent to them all.

Dear Senators and Representatives,

I was fortunate enough to recently read the Republican Party's stance on the second ammendment. I have to tell you that I am truely impressed. Primarly as a veteran. It is nice to see that the states republican party has found importance in the very god given rights that so many have put their lives on the line for. It is also nice to see that training with firearms is encouraged, but not mandated. As I am a fairly young vet and I don't know of any civillian training that would compare to the military training I recieved. I am also happy to see that this is a matter of a constitutional right that should not require permission from the government to exercise. I have passed this stance on to a very large number of unspoken veterans who pay close attention to this situation as they feel similar to myself. I am anxious to see the final outcome of SB93 as it is the closest to your party's platform.

I am aware that there has been a lot of fuss about some Senators and Representatives opposing SB93, but with a platform like this I have found that there is odviously no basis for rumors such as "Will not allow SB93 to be heard" or "Will not vote for Constitutional Carry". As long as you stick with this platform (or any other that promotes our Constitutional Rights) I will back you 110%, and I will talk every vet I know into doing the same thing.

P.S. I have added the copy of the republican stance as I read it for verification purposes.

William
Chief Instructor
Calico Jack Defense

I thought that was a nice way of saying "Do what you said you were going to do!"

BROKENSPROKET

Why is it that you have to include a phone number and address when sendiing an email to a State politician ro it will be condsedered spam. Every auto-response I got stated as such.

The only response that was not an autoresponse was from Sen. Gelnn Grothman.