Thread: Taste of Charlotte OC/CC?

Taste of Charlotte OC/CC?

I am wondering about carry during the Taste of Charlotte. Usually I CC when downtown but since it is during a festival can you CC? I looked on their website and it says nothing about "no weapons", unlike Speed Street, which was posted in the rules section. (and that worked really well seeing how the gang bangers got their little packages in).

I am ok with OC but prefer to CC whenever possible. Any clarification will be great.

And I guess along these lines, can you OC anywhere you please when a)CC is not allowed and b)weapons are not banned (stores, ABC, Govt buildings, hospitals etc)?

Interesting question.

I've never been to the taste of anything. Is there an entry fee? Is there alcohol sold and consumed? If so does it matter? So many things to consider.

First off, if you like food it is a must! Lots of people but no huge lines and a good time. Now to answer your questions
    1) No entry fee (so it does not violate that portion of the law
    2) yes ALC is sold, but only in the beer garden, a designated area of the street festival

I am thinking open carry is the way to go, but I just do not like walking around with a 45 on my hip...to many funny looks from the gun haters

All the above information is spot on, at least to my understanding of the law in NC.

owever, considering the colossal CF that occurred last weekend in Charlotte, I imagine the CPD might be a little "twitchy" about guns in public:

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/...122816534.html

So if you're going to OC (or CC) at this event, be SURE to have your voice recorder, and have it running. And a friend tagging along with a video camera might not be a bad idea either...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 06-01-2011 at 12:04 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Im always a little hesitant myself when downtown . Somehow I always end up near 4th street where there are always a ton of cops on foot. So naturally I CC but everywhere else outside downtown charlotte i OC . Thing for me is I want to get a serpa holster before I OC downtown with my 45 .

There is one location in Charlotte which have cost the law-abiding citizens of NC more in the last 5 years than ALL the other violent criminals in the history of NC combined.

301 South Tryon Street

I'd stay away from THAT den of vipers at all costs... They will rob you blind...
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamer View Post
    There is one location in Charlotte which have cost the law-abiding citizens of NC more in the last 5 years than ALL the other violent criminals in the history of NC combined.

301 South Tryon Street

I'd stay away from THAT den of vipers at all costs... They will rob you blind...
    I work just down the street from there. Isn't that the headquarders for Wells Fargo/Wachovia?
    Walk softly and carry a large caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Carry24/7 View Post
    I work just down the street from there. Isn't that the headquarders for Wells Fargo/Wachovia?
    Bingo...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011...ico-drug-gangs

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n4788018.shtml

http://www.southernstudies.org/2008/...ans-get-8.html
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

They robbed me of about a grand before I told them to kiss my a$$ and closed my account. I won't even use their ATM's. Them or BOA.
    Walk softly and carry a large caliber.