• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Taste of Charlotte OC/CC?

spydermn

I am wondering about carry during the Taste of Charlotte. Usually I CC when downtown but since it is during a festival can you CC? I looked on their website and it says nothing about "no weapons", unlike Speed Street, which was posted in the rules section. (and that worked really well seeing how the gang bangers got their little packages in).

I am ok with OC but prefer to CC whenever possible. Any clarification will be great.

And I guess along these lines, can you OC anywhere you please when a)CC is not allowed and b)weapons are not banned (stores, ABC, Govt buildings, hospitals etc)?

Sam

Interesting question.

I've never been to the taste of anything. Is there an entry fee? Is there alcohol sold and consumed? If so does it matter? So many things to consider.

spydermn

First off, if you like food it is a must! Lots of people but no huge lines and a good time. Now to answer your questions
1) No entry fee (so it does not violate that portion of the law
2) yes ALC is sold, but only in the beer garden, a designated area of the street festival

I am thinking open carry is the way to go, but I just do not like walking around with a 45 on my hip...to many funny looks from the gun haters:eek:

Dreamer

All the above information is spot on, at least to my understanding of the law in NC.

owever, considering the colossal CF that occurred last weekend in Charlotte, I imagine the CPD might be a little "twitchy" about guns in public:

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/70_Arrested_1_Killed_In_Disturbance_In_Charlotte_122816534.html

So if you're going to OC (or CC) at this event, be SURE to have your voice recorder, and have it running. And a friend tagging along with a video camera might not be a bad idea either...

Last edited:

Jerry1981

Im always a little hesitant myself when downtown . Somehow I always end up near 4th street where there are always a ton of cops on foot. So naturally I CC but everywhere else outside downtown charlotte i OC . Thing for me is I want to get a serpa holster before I OC downtown with my 45 .

Dreamer

There is one location in Charlotte which have cost the law-abiding citizens of NC more in the last 5 years than ALL the other violent criminals in the history of NC combined.

301 South Tryon Street

I'd stay away from THAT den of vipers at all costs... They will rob you blind...

Carry24/7

There is one location in Charlotte which have cost the law-abiding citizens of NC more in the last 5 years than ALL the other violent criminals in the history of NC combined.

301 South Tryon Street

I'd stay away from THAT den of vipers at all costs... They will rob you blind...

I work just down the street from there. Isn't that the headquarders for Wells Fargo/Wachovia?