Thread: ILEETA files brief in Peruta case

ILEETA files brief in Peruta case

ILEETA brief says UOC doesn't satisfy the 2nd amendment
    The brief points out the disadvantages of having to resort to UOC for self defense. Especially in the case of a revolver.

http://michellawyers.com/wp-content/...icus-Brief.pdf
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

I scanned this quickly and have come to the conclusion that the breif completely throws exposed carry (loaded or not) out as an acceptable or practical exercize of the second amendment. Some of it I can agree with- particularly the issue of loading while UOC. But this breif was designed to advance the premise that licensed concealed carry is the only acceptable practice of the right to keep and bear. (Which, I contend it is not, when it is burdened with taxation, invasive background searches, revocable privileges and other government demands.)
    New to OPEN CARRY in California? Click and read this first...

NA MALE SUBJ ON FOOT, LS NB 3 AGO HAD A HOLSTERED HANDGUN ON HIS RIGHT HIP. WAS NOT BRANDISHING THE WEAPON, BUT RP FOUND SUSPICIOUS.
    CL SUBJ IN COMPLIANCE WITH LAW

Support the 2A in California - Shop Amazon for any item and up to 15% of all purchases go back to the Calguns Foundation. Enter through either of the following links
    www.calgunsfoundation.org/amazon
    www.shop42a.com

I agree that UOC is far from the ideal way to carry for self defense. I disagree that LOC not a deterent to criminals. It's my opinion that criminals would look for a softer target. With concealed carry, There is doubt who is carrying and who isn't.
    The premis that OC takes up valueable police time sounds like the Brady arguement. With proper training of dispatchers, that could be eliminated.
    I would like to have both options....LOC on the street, and concealed carry when I go into a business.

I doubt we will get Az carry. I suspect is will be more like Nevada has.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar
    I scanned through the brief also. I would not say that UOC is "inadequate" as ILEETA concludes. Perhaps, inferior to LOC, but not inadequate.

The CC portion of the brief does sound like FUD propaganda straight out of the Brady manual.

CC has become the whored step-sister of Constitutional 2A carry. CC is severely Regulated and Restricted by that institution 2A was designed to be used against. It has become government 2R carry resulting in thousands being Rejected and deemed unworthy of government approval.

Where in the Constitution does it say that government is the gatekeeper for access to a citizen's 2A right to keep and bear?
    Last edited by Sons of Liberty; 05-31-2011 at 11:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Open Carry is a pre-ordained right. Concealed carry is a priveledge.

Up yours Koppell. "Urbanized areas" of Kalifornia will have to get used to open carry because..

We're not gonna take it anymore.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776