Thread: show what you carry!

Regular Member carry for myself's Avatar

show what you carry!

saw this on a couple other state threads. thought it could be fun.

so post your daily carry weapon, CC or OC, knives, anything you carry .

this is my carry, a M-tech folder, My lucky zippo, and my Kahr CW40 with houge grips, upgraded williams red fire sights, upgraded recoil spring and titanium firing pin, plus a 3lb trigger ;-) loaded with 165 grain horniday critical defense HPJ's and a cheapo IWB blackhawk holster.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kahr2.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	5949
    Last edited by carry for myself; 05-31-2011 at 05:49 PM. Reason: forgot to put in holster
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

Modified DeSantis Cozy Partner with Blade-Tech rubber straps. Galco mag holder

That "cheapo IWB blackhawk holster" is actually quite dangerous. They do not hold the gun in well (I had an Uncle Mike's equivalent). The belt clip would frequently release during dry fire draw practice and come up with the gun. It is not made of stiff material. Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be to draw down on a robber only to realize your holster was covering the gun?

Please do yourself a favor and buy a good carry holster soon.

Do not be this guy (though his holster was soft leather):

http://www.itstactical.com/warcom/fi...es/#more-10131
    Last edited by 230therapy; 05-31-2011 at 06:14 PM.
    Does anyone here actually believe that the Founders were sitting around in John Adams' tavern UNARMED because they believed a bar should be a gun free zone?

Quote Originally Posted by 230therapy View Post

That "cheapo IWB blackhawk holster" is actually quite dangerous. They do not hold the gun in well (I had an Uncle Mike's equivalent). It would frequently release during dry fire draw practice and come up with the gun. It is not made of stiff material.

Please do yourself a favor and buy a good carry holster soon.

Do not be this

http://www.itstactical.com/warcom/fi...es/#more-10131

spent $40 on a glaco stow n go.....does the same thing. soooo i wear my belt extra tight instead haha. holds great. and works great as an ankle/boot holster too.

probably gonna end up with a kangaroo holster or belly band next weekend. depending on what is more compfortable :-) just got the BH to replace the stow n go, which lifts with the gun even more so than the BH haha
    Last edited by carry for myself; 05-31-2011 at 06:15 PM.
    i would rather run out of blood, breath and life. and die fighting. than run out of ammo , and die with my pants down -Tom Scantas

and on a second note. that looks highly painful :-/ wouldnt be worried with a weapon with a safety but my kahr has never heard of the word safety........ill look around see if i can find something better

Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    and on a second note. that looks highly painful :-/ wouldnt be worried with a weapon with a safety but my kahr has never heard of the word safety........ill look around see if i can find something better
    does the same thing. soooo i wear my belt extra tight instead haha. holds great. and works great as an ankle/boot holster too.
    Heh...I thought that too. Then I tried running around, did some sit-ups, etc...things to simulate a fight or various movements. It failed Some "good" holsters will fail too.

This Cozy Partner has about had it, which is why I put it up there. It's nearly 12 years old and the inside is worn smooth. Once the last bit of adjustment is gone, I'll have to get a new one.
    Last edited by 230therapy; 05-31-2011 at 06:19 PM.
    Does anyone here actually believe that the Founders were sitting around in John Adams' tavern UNARMED because they believed a bar should be a gun free zone?

finding a good OC holster, piece of cake. finding a great CC holster. is like trying to find a cop who wont ask you for ID ;-)

Here's mine (NH):

CZ 75D Compact, Keltec P3AT in a homemade leather holster, "Lightning" switchblade, keys, phone, swiss army knife, Promag tactical pen, folding pliers, a nail-clipper, keys, and a razr.

If I'm going to Maine, I leave the switchblade out.

You will see mine if i have to pull it from its holster!!!

Xd over!!!

how do you like that bianchi IWB. been thinking of getting one for my Kahr

HK45c, 230gr Hornady LE hollowpoints, voice recorder, iPhone.

Double aviators make you double operator.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1430_t.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	95.5 KB 
ID:	5966  
    v/r
    Forrest Brown
    Webmaster, Maine Open Carry Association
    forrest@maineopencarry.org

my EDC

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMGP5160c.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	5968

Just a quick snap, not feeling artsy today, stayed home sick from work, sorry!

-Motorola Bravo (with audio recorder app at the ready!)
    -Benchmade Mini-Griptillian, partially serrated
    -Gerber Octane Multi-tool (not crazy about this one, my old one broke while trying to help a gentleman change out his flat on the side of the road, and when I got to Beans to get a new one, this is what the replaced mine with [Gerber that is])
    -Springfield XD-9
    -Blackhawk SERPA
    -Surefire E2D Defender - 200 and 5 Lumens. Love this thing!

-Not pictured: mini bic (don't smoke, but it's handy to have), extra mag(s), 8gig flash drive, pen.

X

still looking for a good IWB holster for my CW40. tried the Galco King tuck 2.......paidn $60 at cabelas. tell you......most un-comfortable , sweaty, pinching holster ever. oie. might just have to go with a kangaroo model or an ankle rig. this is not fun haha

Accomplished Advocate
    Quote Originally Posted by carry for myself View Post
    still looking for a good IWB holster for my CW40. tried the Galco King tuck 2.......paidn $60 at cabelas. tell you......most un-comfortable , sweaty, pinching holster ever. oie. might just have to go with a kangaroo model or an ankle rig. this is not fun haha
    crossbreed.

what i carry!

I carry a Ruger LCR in a custom R Grizzle City Slicker IWB (very comfortable, after a little breaking in..

the SR9C was an impulse by after purchasing the holster it's pictured with in Guatemala for 14 dollars.. the SR9C came last week after I realized it fit the holster! (first fired today, amazing piece....

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_5503.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	30.3 KB 
ID:	6252

My current carry set-up includes:

RIA Two-Tone Tactical Model 1911 in Blackhawk Serpa
    Spare 8rd magazine in a Blackhawk holder
    Kershaw Zing
    iPhone/recorder in an Otterbox Defender case

Attachment 6253
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."