• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Surprised at the bank today

Superlite27

I had to do some banking this morning, and as I approached the entrance to People's Bank and Trust, the bank I've patronized for several years, I encountered a new sign they've pasted to their front door within the last few weeks:

Oh, no! My stomach starts to roil. Is that a gun buster sign?
000_0065.jpg

Upon closer examination, it is most certainly NOT!
000_0066.jpg

Wow! Why aren't all surprises this pleasant? It isn't the result of anything I've done. (As far as I know) I wonder why the new sign? Maybe they get asked about firearms a lot? Maybe someone has said something about CCW to the management? I don't know, and I don't care. However, they've cemented my loyalty as a patron.

cshoff

That's fantastic!!! I haven't seen too many ,but the ones I do see are cherishable. :D:D

+1. I bank at two different banking institutions; neither of them posted. But neither of them have nice signs like shown above.

Seems to me somebody posted about that bank and those signs on the MO Carry site a few weeks ago.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Don't know if Missouri law requires concealment of firearms in banks and if it doesn't they why the appearant lack of support by the bank for OPEN CARRY--- as this is the basic method of carry and only method of carry for those WITHOUT a permit ot conceal.

cshoff

Don't know if Missouri law requires concealment of firearms in banks and if it doesn't they why the appearant lack of support by the bank for OPEN CARRY--- as this is the basic method of carry and only method of carry for those WITHOUT a permit ot conceal.

No, Missouri has no requirement that a firearm be concealed in a bank. I suspect the people at the bank who posted that sign never even thought to include the words "open carry" on the sign.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
hey, a sign this good i wouldnt complain, it says carry welcome, and that is amazing. This is the first sign like this I have seen. Anyone have an email address of managment that i could drop a line to thanking them for being one of the few financial institutions that recognize our rights>?

Richieg150

Ditto, with all the NEGATIVITY with some on the carrying of a firearm, either open or concealed, to see a sign like this...gives me a warm fuzzy feeling. Letters or phone call of appreciation would be in order, to show that their sign is noticed, and appreciated, I myself have never noticed a sign like that on ANY business I have went into.

Morpheus97

That's fantastic!!! I haven't seen too many ,but the ones I do see are cherishable. :D:D

Agreed. I haven't been fortunate enough to see one in person, only in pictures. I seem to notice fewer of the anti-gun signs now... not sure if businesses are removing them or if I just go to the same stores over and over that support our rights. Either way, keep voting with your $$.

mechanicworkman

The Schnucks in Florissant took down there No Gun sign a few months back! Not that I want anyone to go running to there store as they did donate money to the anti's when the CCW thing was trying to get passed a few years back, but after 7 years they must have seen some numbers of people not shopping there or somethign to take down there sign's.To the best of my knowledge this does not mean they like guns anymore only profits must have dipped during this recession.

peterarthur

I open carry into Bank of America near the Raytown Walmart on Hwy 350 regularly. I have discussed my open carry with the manager. My first visit to the bank, I asked the manager about open carry. We went to the front door and checked for signs. He read some docs. Then he said, "Looks ok to me!"

None of the employees look uncomfortable and everyone has a smile on as if all is normal. And to think, I almost switched banks! :)