• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

may need to have a chat with Steve Kornell

southern boy

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...-rifles-in-city,-urges-state-and-us-to-follow

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - There is no room for assault rifles in St. Petersburg, city council member Steve Kornell said. He wants the semi-automatic and automatic weapons banned.

Kornell will ask fellow city council members at a meeting this week to ban assault weapons in the city. Kornell also wants a resolution asking the state and federal government to follow suit. "I think it's an issue whose time has come," said Kornell. "I think most people get why you can't have military assault weapons."

guess he doesn't know FL has preemption.

"I believe in the Constitution and this is not about taking away anybody's rights," said Kornell. "But people do not have a right to own a personal military assault weapon."

St. Petersburg Police Chief Chuck Harmon agrees. "Assault rifles are meant basically to kill human beings," said Harmon. "There are no other uses for them."

might need to talk to Harmon as well.

10x

http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/ne...-rifles-in-city,-urges-state-and-us-to-follow

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. - There is no room for assault rifles in St. Petersburg, city council member Steve Kornell said. He wants the semi-automatic and automatic weapons banned.

Kornell will ask fellow city council members at a meeting this week to ban assault weapons in the city. Kornell also wants a resolution asking the state and federal government to follow suit. "I think it's an issue whose time has come," said Kornell. "I think most people get why you can't have military assault weapons."

"I believe in the Constitution and this is not about taking away anybody's rights," said Kornell. "But people do not have a right to own a personal military assault weapon."

St. Petersburg Police Chief Chuck Harmon agrees. "Assault rifles are meant basically to kill human beings," said Harmon. "There are no other uses for them."

Just blowing smoke, wont go anywhere

xxx.jakk.xxx

I do believe that, when the constitution was written, self defense was essentially the killing of another as a response to the threat of life or limb. So wouldn't this be best done with something that is "meant basically to kill"? Back then, I believe, when one was shot they were pretty much dead from shock, bleeding, infection, etc. So the second amendment giving us the inalienable right to self defense shouldn't be stopped just before killing the threat.

77zach

Evidently these idiots think it is legitimate for the state to wield them "to kill people." And yes every person has a right to own a "military assault weapon" no questions asked, but in the Land of the Free where "every terrible instrument of the soldier" is the birthright of every person, we are NOT allowed to own true "military assault weapons" unless they were manufactured before 1986 and jump through flaming hoops of fire. "Fine" with me. A person with an MP-5 is no match for someone 400 yards away with a full power semi-auto rifle.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
What a liar... We're not allowed to own Military Rifles. Machine guns have been banned from manufacture, Federally, since 1986. Only the extremely wealthy can afford the few that were registered under NFA before then. Not to mention the spotless absolute zero crime committed with these collectors items that cost more than your house...

Dragging that old one up from 1994 again? Pretending it's a machine gun when it isn't in order to scare people into supporting a restriction on something entirely different... Sick bastard.

Last edited:

rvrctyrngr

Yeah...they can start by banning the SPPD and PCSO patrol rifles. See how that works out.

GIdeon_70

Perhaps this is a good test case in getting an politician out of office (impeached) for violating the constitution.

j4l

Great time to run a pro-OC/2A candidate against him at a local level office...

77zach

Not to mention the spotless absolute zero crime committed with these collectors items that cost more than your house...

Actually, there has been at least one violent crime committed with a properly registered NFA weapon and it was by a cop. Someone the sheep feel all warm and fuzzy when they see with one.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
If these guns are only good for massacres, why do the Cops need them? Why are the cops so militarized? Why are they in Tallahassee openly expressing to legislators the laws they intend to break in order to assault anyone with a gun? Why aren't they being put in their place?