• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Dinner, June 5

eye95

June 5th, at 7PM at Golden Corral on the Eastern Blvd in Montgomery.

Some of us will be enjoying a meal together. Feel free to join us. It would be good, but not necessary, if you posted here that your are planning to attend.

eye95

Good deal.

Montgomery folks, Golden Corral isn't exactly a reservation kind of place. To ensure that we have enough seating together, let's meet outside about ten til seven and go in together at seven.

eye95

I ate too much.

A gentleman who has a CPL asked me about OC. He commented that he was seeing OCers all around the restaurant. (There weren't that many of us.) He was surprised to learn that OC was lawful and even more surprised to find that a CPL is only needed to OC in your car or at a school. I told him about OCDO and hope he stops by to say hey.

Brimstone Baritone

Looks like a success to me!

We had six people show up o the one in Leeds, which was only a few less that I was expecing. I had hoped Tuscaloosa and Huntsville would throw something together, but it looks like it was just too short of notice :(

Deacon Blues

He commented that he was seeing OCers all around the restaurant.
I had a guy say the same thing. We didn't have much of a conversation, though, because he picked the wrong venue: the bathroom! Maybe it's just me, but I don't feel very chatty when I'm dealing with the plumbing.

It may not have amounted to much of a "national" dinner, but ours was good. We need to have more trans-regional events.

carracer

Yes! More "National" stuff would be fun!

We had 7 including myself and my wife participate at a local Chinese rest I had never carried in. 3 of us were open carrying, I with my best dress 1911. Had a great meal and invited the waiter to our next meeting after we finished eating. went to do some shopping after and had a wonderful Open Carry Day!

eye95

Yes! More "National" stuff would be fun!

We had 7 including myself and my wife participate at a local Chinese rest I had never carried in. 3 of us were open carrying, I with my best dress 1911. Had a great meal and invited the waiter to our next meeting after we finished eating. went to do some shopping after and had a wonderful Open Carry Day!

There was supposed to be one in Oregon too. Three States, half a dozen dinners, works for me. Well, one more dinner if you count the blogger who got us thinking along those lines.

carracer

The Oregon thread has some pics. Looks like they had a good time. One of our Idaho group went to a different restaurant and participated with his wife separate from us. He reported a good time also.