• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri OC sponsered Joplin run?

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Open for input from all.

My company had a donation drive that I somewhat headed up for the St, Louis region for Joplin, I hauled a car trailer to each of 6 locations and loaded the stuff, hauled it to the Joplin location for distribution. The company set up a fund with a 100% match on donations etc. I have to say I am VERY proud to be a part of a company and work with folks whom gave/give so much, the load was 7' wide, 4' tall and 16' long on the trailer and about 4,500 pounds delivered, from diapers to baby food, cloths to under garments, water to coffee, deodorant to shampoo etc.
The plywood we sided the trailer with was painted up with the co name and st Louis to Joplin relief.

Do you think we could paint it up with an OC theme and gain exposure? I would need a significantly talented artist to paint it and I most certainly am not one.

The input I need is how to afford to continue the effort. It cost me a little over 300 in fuel. I just got an email that the search and rescue teams are in need of qualified radio operators. I am heading down again this upcoming weekend.

I am wide open to any discussions, thoughts and ideas.

cshoff

I would donate a few bucks to help fund it. Won't know how much until the time comes to write the check.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
I would donate a few bucks to help fund it. Won't know how much until the time comes to write the check.

Hey I appreciate that a lot!

I guess the main objective was to advertise OC MO all the way down. I may actually postpone until the following week as the amateur radio service needs have a likely stand down order on Friday. They already have the temp trucks in place and have restored cell phone communications to a high percentage of reliability and the needs are just greatly reduced. If they indeed indicate the stand down order is more likely than not, I will indeed hold off for the additional 7 days to have a full trailer to tug.

I think I heard Doc's symbol has been made into about an 8" sticker and that should "pop" really well against the tinted windos of my rig. I just thought if someone has some signifigant talent with a rattle can, I have a huge plywood "canvas" and a lot of miles for folks to read. Everyone is always talking about "doing something positive" with exposure, this could certianly be it. I just suck at art so bad it ain't even funny and my work would not be legible so to speak.