• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Some really screwed up issuing authorities........

KIX

From a post on my CT Suitability site:

OK, I made a ton of changes to the site, so I can now go to bed!

I did, however, want to make you folks know of some of the insanity I just posted (more to come, these were the docs I already had in some digital format or another). These are the towns I ranked as "F" so far. The reason why we need to end this suitability and local issuing authority nonsense. At least some form of preemption or something!

Hartford - telling citizens that there is a 90 day wait just to drop off your paperwork....... and here's the interesting part; they won't give you paperwork until they tell you they are ready!

Salisbury - Medical records release, 3 character references (on their own form), 8-10 week turnaround. MEDICAL RECORDS!!!!!!!

Seymour - "SPD Pistol Permit Waiver Form - they want to contact your present or past employer and notarize that you give them permission. . Self addressed stamped envelope, 8-14 weeks to process. Ummm..... don't think I want them contacting my employer!!! "hey, did you know your employee wants to carry a gun!".

West Hartford - Supplemental form, notarized, asking for blanket permission to contact anyone and also permission to, and I quote, "checking references, past criminal activities, employment history, credit checks, obtaining motor vehicle history and educational background." CREDIT - ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!

At least when the next legislative session comes around, we'll be even more armed with data on problems with the pistol permit process. Thanx for the support this year, we already started using the data during the 2011 legislative session and it was indeed helpful.

Links to many of the town paperwork on the site at: www.ctpistolpermitissues.com

Keeping up the fight,

Jonathan