• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Put an ad on craigslist.....

KIX

Let's see if I tick off any instructors. But based on what we had for discussion on a few here over the past few weeks, I figured I'd see what I get back.

Mind you, I'm not expecting any real inquiries from Craigslist, but set up an email forwarding account on my site just for kicks. I'm curious to see if anyone gets furious over a simple ad that says we don't have a CCW in CT.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/lss/2414148500.html

Jonathan

sharkey

You lost me on the first sentence, perhaps because I should be in bed or maybe I don't like hyphens. I fixed it.

CT is not a CCW or "concealed carry" - run from any instructor that says so. CT has a "permit to carry" - period.

CT is NOT a CCW or "concealed carry" state.
Run from any instructor that says so!
CT has a "permit to carry".
Period!​

Ctclassic

---Superb---, I drafted a letter stating pretty much the same thing. There is an ad currently running in the Norwich Bulletin from a guy offering the same type of coarse, with the mention of needing a "conceal-carry permit" in CT. I have been in touch with him, and he told me he would consider changing the wording, but that was three weeks ago and still has the same language. He told me (paraphasing) that he didn't want to 'confuse' his students by telling them they could carry open---isn't that their decision? Nice job with that ad!! I'm going to drop a comment in The Reminder, perhaps even the Bulletin.

KIX

OK, so I edited the first sentence. It was like 4AM and such!!!

Point being, will be interesting to see if I get any responses to that statement tonight. I could troll around their forums and see if anyone makes any comments.

Jonathan