• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Concealed Cary Question....

Outdoorsman1

I am wondering if the new C.C. bill mandates a "holstered" firearm. I have heard of some who prefer a "pocket pistol" (without holster). Would this be legal or would a concealed holster be mandated?

To be clear, I do not think I would opt for a non-holsterd pocket pistol (or just carry unholsterd in my waistband), just curious on the question.

I have also seen a metal "Pistol Clip" that attaches to a specific pistol it was designed for that enables the carrier to just "Clip" the pistol to a belt or waist bad.. similar to the metal clips on some folding knives or cell phone cases... not very firearm retentive but I suppose similar to a non-retentive holster, minus the holster..

Outdoorsman1

M

McX

pistol clip?..............it's not a clip, it's a magazine.............oh, wait, nevermind.

protias

I'll probably carry my SP101 in the pocket.

"Concealed" is "concealed" as long as it is out of sight and not printing it could be in a holster or stuffed in your bra... oh wait. :uhoh:

[video=youtube;h8r6CY5UZyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8r6CY5UZyw[/video]

[video=youtube;OntykEToHPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OntykEToHPE[/video]

Outdoorsman1

I'll probably carry my SP101 in the pocket.

[video=youtube;h8r6CY5UZyw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8r6CY5UZyw[/video]

[video=youtube;OntykEToHPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OntykEToHPE[/video]

I'll bet she could draw even faster with that tee shirt off....:eek:

Outdoorsman1

Interceptor_Knight

I am wondering if the new C.C. bill mandates a "holstered" firearm. I have heard of some who prefer a "pocket pistol" (without holster). Would this be legal or would a concealed holster be mandated?

The short answer is that WI does not prohibit Open Carry. Regarding any of the proposed bills, there is no requirement to ever carry Concealed. You may OC with or without a permit.

CalicoJack10

I don't see anything in the Bill that refers to any specific mode of carry. So don't say this too loud or that will be the next proposed ammendment.

theoicarry

To be clear, I do not think I would opt for a non-holsterd pocket pistol (or just carry unholsterd in my waistband), just curious on the question.

I have also seen a metal "Pistol Clip" that attaches to a specific pistol it was designed for that enables the carrier to just "Clip" the pistol to a belt or waist bad.. similar to the metal clips on some folding knives or cell phone cases... not very firearm retentive but I suppose similar to a non-retentive holster, minus the holster..

Outdoorsman1

There is a metal pistol clip for glocks which is legal in Arizona, clip on the belt and go!!