Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Together JUNE 25th Alma WI.

Get Together JUNE 25th Alma WI.

Watch for ballooned signs on both sides of the highway 35 just North of Alma WI.

Pot luck and good friends... and an Alma city walk [one street of commerce about 10 blocks long. There is even an eagle watch. By the way, if you are staying overnight, you might bring your fishin' pole 'cause the fishin' is good and there is the Alma Dam Fishing Float about 300 feet from the lock and dam, which has a ferry to and from every hour or so. It is fun.

Park Pavilion reserved for June 25th Get together from Noonish to whenever. Lots of room and lots to do.

Rieck's Lake Park, Alma WI Map ... click here: http://bit.ly/m0E14l If you use satellite view, you can see the North pavilion and the general area. Plenty of picnic tables, Plenty of area to tailgate. Covered picnic area. Porta-potties. Playground close-by. Alma is less than a mile away. Rieck's lake is famous for the white swans and Pelicans. Never realized how big pelicans are.

Alma features many curio/antique shoppes, A leather shoppe, a small Harley shoppe, a old style bakery, many restaurants, Kwik Trip, eagle watch and very nice coffee shoppe. Many of the restaurants serve liquor so I am going to ask for written permission to carry in them and will provide a list of those who comply.

I'll bring my gas grill and a Weber. You bring the rest. Potluck. Bring a dish to share if you can. Thank you.
    Last edited by hardballer; 06-24-2011 at 04:19 PM.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

Thumbs up We'll Be There!

Long drive but well worth it!

I'll Be There With Bullets On!

I am coming, and I have at least 2 other vets that are planning on coming with me. Working on 5 more, but we will see what happens. Then there is my better half, we will see if she feels up to the trip.
    I am Calico Jack,,,, And I approve this message!
    (Paid for by the blood of patriots, and Calico Jack Defense)
    Calico Jack Defense

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    Long drive but well worth it!
    Quote Originally Posted by CalicoJack10 View Post
    I am coming, and I have at least 2 other vets that are planning on coming with me. Working on 5 more, but we will see what happens. Then there is my better half, we will see if she feels up to the trip.
    Thanks guys! I will be bringing a gas grill and a Webber charcoal grill. I am going to get permissions from restaurants where possible. I will provide a list.
    Last edited by hardballer; 06-01-2011 at 08:59 PM.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid. Han Solo

http://buffaloholstercompany.blogspot.com/ Concealment holsters IWB, SOB, and belt slide. Open Carry too. New from Buffalo Holster, Women's holsters for concealment and or belt carry.

I want to attend. Anyone want to carpool?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

I hope to attend.

Alma matters to me.

Quote Originally Posted by phred View Post
    I hope to attend.

Alma matters to me.
    It just wouldn't be the same without ya there!
    Calico Jack Defense

If anyone has banners, that would be great and if you would like to set up an information booth and T-shirts for WCI, I would also encourage that. Any other ideas are most welcome.

The strip between Eau Claire and La Crosse is like a wasteland as far as open carry is concerned. BrokenSprocket and I are the only ones I know of that carry in Trempealeau and Buffalo Counties. It's been kinda lonely on the West Coast of Wisconsin. I cannot tell you how much I am looking forward to this get together.

Hardballer out!

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Thumbs up No cloven feet!

I'm looking forward to this trip into God's (and Hardballers') Country! I hope your Missus will be able to be there. I just wondered why we were picnicking a mile outside of town instead of right in the middle where everybody could see that we didn't have horns and cloven feet?
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Carpool, anyone? Beuller, Beuller, Beuller, Beuller?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Carpooling is a great idea. That worked great when we protested in Sussex. I am across the state from Sussex and it was very nice to ride along with a bunch of like minded fellas to get there. It made a long, boring ride go by much faster. Saved money too as we all chipped in for gas. Carpool!

Update.

It looks like we will have informational materials and T-Shirts available at the event as well as a speaker. Still firming up the latter.

I hope to attend.

Alma matters to me.
    I hope you make it. Haven't seen you since I came to Stevens Point.

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    Carpooling is a great idea. That worked great when we protested in Sussex. I am across the state from Sussex and it was very nice to ride along with a bunch of like minded fellas to get there. It made a long, boring ride go by much faster. Saved money too as we all chipped in for gas. Carpool!
    Boring? So, I wasn't driving fast enough for you?

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    I want to attend. Anyone want to carpool?
    Ask rcawdor57

Quote Originally Posted by hardballer View Post
    Update.

It looks like we will have informational materials and T-Shirts available at the event as well as a speaker. Still firming up the latter.
    T-shirts? Who invited Hubert?

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    Boring? So, I wasn't driving fast enough for you?
    The route can be boring but the car pooling made it fun and not so boring...

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    T-shirts? Who invited Hubert?
    I contacted Hubert about the event.

Either Hubert or I will bring the WCI Stuff

I contacted Hubert about the event.

Either Hubert or I will bring the WCI Stuff
    I was trying to give Hubert a freindly hard time.

Talking It "matters" to me too!

I hope to attend.

Alma matters to me.

Too funny Phred! Your background is showing! LOL!

"In modern times, it is often a school, college, or university attended during one's formative years, which is often interpreted to mean from where one earned one's first degree or doctorate, or both. The term may also refer to a song or hymn associated with a school."

As for carpooling I am pretty much filled right now. I "may" have one seat available but I won't know for a bit and I am considering staying the night instead of driving back Saturday. Not sure yet what we are going to do. I have to talk it over with my comrades that are riding with me.

I am getting stuff together to do a "Myths About Self Defense" course while we are there. I will be doing it for free, we just need a good location to do it (Hardballer, can you find us one?). I don't really care about how many people are there. And I run Discussion based courses where people have input into what it going on so that I can answer questions or we can talk about thoughts and ideas that others have. I will NOT be running range time, because I just don't have the money to cover the insurance that I need for the courses that involve live fire, and we don't have enough time to get a range to use.

By the way, Hardballer should be credited with this idea. He was the one that asked if I would put something on while I was there, so that is exactly what I am going to do.
    Calico Jack Defense

I am getting stuff together to do a "Myths About Self Defense" course while we are there. I will be doing it for free, we just need a good location to do it (Hardballer, can you find us one?). I don't really care about how many people are there. And I run Discussion based courses where people have input into what it going on so that I can answer questions or we can talk about thoughts and ideas that others have. I will NOT be running range time, because I just don't have the money to cover the insurance that I need for the courses that involve live fire, and we don't have enough time to get a range to use.

By the way, Hardballer should be credited with this idea. He was the one that asked if I would put something on while I was there, so that is exactly what I am going to do.
    CalicoJack10, PM me so I can get the particulars of what you need. Sounds great to me and thanks!

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    I am getting stuff together to do a "Myths About Self Defense" course while we are there. I will be doing it for free, we just need a good location to do it (Hardballer, can you find us one?). I don't really care about how many people are there. And I run Discussion based courses where people have input into what it going on so that I can answer questions or we can talk about thoughts and ideas that others have. I will NOT be running range time, because I just don't have the money to cover the insurance that I need for the courses that involve live fire, and we don't have enough time to get a range to use....
    How about some exercises involving snap caps and dry fire?
    Last edited by davegran; 06-05-2011 at 07:45 PM.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Oral surgery on the Wed prior, but I hope to attend with my gf.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    How about some exercises involving snap caps and dry fire?
    I think that for the time being I am just going to stick with the non fire thing. Just because if we end up outside in a park pavillion or something I don't want people to freak out. I guaranty that even without the firing portion there will be no way to walk away from this course and not feel like you have learned something that you needed to know.

I will put the details up for the course as soon as Hardballer and I work out the finer points. I will likely need a notification from those that are planning on showing up, just so that I have a head count and can bring enough materials to cover everyone. Again, this is not a course that is taught from a script. I am not a "Bender", I am a firearms instructor.
    Calico Jack Defense

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast