• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Get Together JUNE 25th Alma WI.

CalicoJack10

As luck would have it I will need to be in Wausau for my daughter on the 25th, so I don't know if I am going to make it at all. It will depend on what happens in court day after tomorrow. I will let you know.

If I can make it, we can all talk about it, without doing a presentation and all that. And I will bring you guys a couple of the course handouts.

MKEgal

BROKENSPROKET said:
They're on the other side of the river; have to go north a few miles to the bridge.
Web page says they're $25 a night for 2 adults & all children...
Doesn't say they all have to be in the same tent.
IF I decide to go, it might be fun to camp overnight. Anyone want to share the cost of a campsite? (Separate tents.)
What I can't tell from their website is if they have showers & toilets.
They do say they have a convenience store, & nowhere on their 'policies' page does it mention firearms. Actually, MN recognizes the UT permit, & maybe a dozen others.

Right now, I'm really tempted to attend. Haven't been in that area of WI but once, & it was so pretty I want to go back, esp. on my own bike at my own speed, not trying to keep up w/ someone else.
It is a long ride, though.

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
We Found A Place To Camp....

We are bringing our tent and camping gear for the night out Saturday. Primitive camping is the way to go.

Looking forward to the event and meeting everyone.

protias

With no one to ride with, it does not look like I'll be able to attend. Sorry my friend. :(

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Is This Event Still On For Saturday!?! It's Been Quiet For A Bit...

Just wondering, are we still on for tomorrow? I've got my camping equipment ready to go as well as hamburgers and hotdogs for the event....oh...and my Glock. Can't forget my Glock!

Hope to see and meet a bunch of folks tomorrow in Alma!

logables

Just wondering, are we still on for tomorrow? I've got my camping equipment ready to go as well as hamburgers and hotdogs for the event....oh...and my Glock. Can't forget my Glock!

Hope to see and meet a bunch of folks tomorrow in Alma!

I hope it is still on, I will be in Alma anyway.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Car Is Loaded With Camping Gear. Ready To Hit The Road In The A.M.

GPS shows 292 miles to destination. Vehicle loaded and ready to go.

Hope a lot of people are there tomorrow!

hardballer

Ready to rock... Looking forward to meeting many of you for the first time tomorrow. Plan for a great time to be had and beautiful weather to enjoy. If you have a Wisconsin Fishing license, there is a wonderful pan fish lake just up the road from the park. Plenty of nature photo ops as well. We will be bringing a couple of dishes to pass, some extra hot dogs and burgers and some plastic silverware and some paper plates. There are grills on site and I will bring a Weber and gas grill too. I might even have some charcoal laying around. There is a Kwik trip about a half mile in town, OC friendly. I encourage you all to stop in Alma before or after the picnic/get together. Plenty to see. There is an ice cream shoppe, Bakery, coffee shops, restaurants, eagle watch, and if you will be sticking around, the Alma float is famous for fun and sun as well as Walleye! So come prepared for fun, good food and friendship.

Till then, Hardballer out!

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Looking Forward To This!

Ready to rock... Looking forward to meeting many of you for the first time tomorrow. Plan for a great time to be had and beautiful weather to enjoy. If you have a Wisconsin Fishing license, there is a wonderful pan fish lake just up the road from the park. Plenty of nature photo ops as well. We will be bringing a couple of dishes to pass, some extra hot dogs and burgers and some plastic silverware and some paper plates. There are grills on site and I will bring a Weber and gas grill too. I might even have some charcoal laying around. There is a Kwik trip about a half mile in town, OC friendly. I encourage you all to stop in Alma before or after the picnic/get together. Plenty to see. There is an ice cream shoppe, Bakery, coffee shops, restaurants, eagle watch, and if you will be sticking around, the Alma float is famous for fun and sun as well as Walleye! So come prepared for fun, good food and friendship.

Till then, Hardballer out!

See you folks tomorrow!

hardballer

Get Together JUNE 25th Alma WI.

Watch for ballooned signs on both sides of the highway 35 just North of Alma WI.

Pot luck and good friends... and an Alma city walk [one street of commerce about 10 blocks long. There is even an eagle watch. By the way, if you are staying overnight, you might bring your fishin' pole 'cause the fishin' is good and there is the Alma Dam Fishing Float about 300 feet from the lock and dam, which has a ferry to and from every hour or so. It is fun.

hardballer

Just FYI, I stopped at the restaurants in Alma, they all serve alcohol, and asked for permission to carry.

Kate & Gracie's, owned by a couple of gentlemen from the Twin Cities, was outraged and emphatic in not allowing carry of any kind. The owner I spoke to was very angry and when I told him we would shop elsewhere, he replied, "GOOD!!!" So I would say that he is adamant in regards to NO OPEN OR CC CARRY.

The Finn and Feathers Pizza Inn (really, just a bar with a little pizza oven) owner was more befuddled than anything and couldn't quite comprehend the need for carrying a gun. She said No...

The owner of the Alma Hotel would not see me. Period. The owner was there but she was "BUSY".

The rest of the places were bars only so I did not bother to ask.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Thanks For Trying! We Will Be There Tomorrow Whether They Want Us Or Not.

Just FYI, I stopped at the restaurants in Alma, they all serve alcohol, and asked for permission to carry.

Kate & Gracie's, owned by a couple of gentlemen from the Twin Cities, was outraged and emphatic in not allowing carry of any kind. The owner I spoke to was very angry and when I told him we would shop elsewhere, he replied, "GOOD!!!" So I would say that he is adamant in regards to NO OPEN OR CC CARRY.

The Finn and Feathers Pizza Inn (really, just a bar with a little pizza oven) owner was more befuddled than anything and couldn't quite comprehend the need for carrying a gun. She said No...

The owner of the Alma Hotel would not see me. Period. The owner was there but she was "BUSY".

The rest of the places were bars only so I did not bother to ask.

Pretty sad isn't it? What will they do when CC passes? They won't KNOW who is or isn't carrying.

See you tomorrow!