• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Get Together JUNE 25th Alma WI.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Getting Ready To Head Out!

Putting the last few things in the car, drinking coffee and waiting for two other campers. We will be outta here in 40 minutes.

See everyone soon.

M

McX

i'm jealous i dont get to go, but someone has to keep the wheels of industry spinning. be sure to get pics, and post them!

phred

Fun was had by all. Good food too. Met some old friends (some really old) and even shook hands with Hardballer for the first time. He's a pretty good guy! His wife makes a great salad.

Thanks much to Hardballer and Brokensprocket for doing all of the work to make this successful. Now Alma matters - even more to me.

ScottM

I was bummed I couldn't stay longer but I haven't gotten the clone tank to work right yet. It looked to be shaping up to be a good time. On the plus side I got to meet Hardballer and his wife as well as a couple others and get in some rain riding on the way home.

hardballer

Mrs. Hagrid; as she likes to phrase it (Hardballer's wife) and I, had a wonderful time of it. She hadn't met many of you except through my reading of posts or telling of tales but she says she understands why I have often spoke so highly of my Open Carry friends.

Thank you all for making the drive and for your sincere expressions of camaraderie and brotherhood. We thoroughly enjoyed this get together and Mrs. Hardballer is already talking about the next one. She does make a wicked good salad too.

I was gratified to see everyone and several folks came from a long ways away. Thank you for making the trip to show your solidarity. Really appreciated seeing you.

I was pleased to see several locals who showed up including a friend I hadn't seen I a few years. An avid Winchester collector and former local gun shop manager.

All in all, we had a super time and are looking forward to the next meet with great anticipation.

Thank you to all and here's looking forward to great year of Open Carry...

Last edited:

hardballer

I thought I saw a gillie suit in the weeds by the water tower... After checking my surveillance video and contacting a few friends in the acronym business, I can now say with 99.9% confidence that I have uncovered the identity of Logables.

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
It Was A Great Time For All!

This event was well worth the drive and time! It was great to finally meet Hardballer and his wife! Also great to see old friends again (really old!). LOL. Good to see Phred, Hubert, Greg, John, Cary, logable...err...not him... :) and everyone else!

The food was great and thank you for having the grills setup! That worked out well. We had a new member who just joined a few weeks ago show up and we had a walk in from a guy driving by. He joined Wisconsin Carry while he was there so we gained at least one new member yesterday.

We are looking forward to the next event! It was well worth our time! We camped in Marillin (spelling?) for the night and headed back this morning. Oh, and we sang "Cumbaya" all night! LOL.

We did see a ghillie suit in the woods but whoever it was got up and ran when Bear ran after him (200 pound dog). :)

Till next time!

phred

Ok, clean out attachments to make more space, crop, resize. upload, ignition, lift-off

Here are all of them. I take no responsibility for the facial expressions.

It was a very good time.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Great Photos!

Ok, clean out attachments to make more space, crop, resize. upload, ignition, lift-off

Here are all of them. I take no responsibility for the facial expressions.

It was a very good time.

Thanks Phred! Oh, and the Rugers are sleeping quietly in their beds. :)

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Oh, I Do. I Have To Wipe The Sleep Out Of Their Eyes And Hold Them Close.

I hope you take them out once and a while for a walk-about

I can't leave them in bed forever! I take them out on occasion and show them to friends. They are definitely something to look at!