Thread: Crimson Trace Question - XD

Crimson Trace Question - XD

I have seen conflicting arguments everywhere online and in gun stores when I ask this question. As I don't currently have the money to purchase one, I don't think they'd let me take one out of the package and try it on my gun. So here goes,

Do Crimson Trace Grip Lasers for the XD work on the XDm.

I have "heard" that the XD45 works on the XDm 9/40, though I have no actual first hand accounts and it is a lot of money to risk it.
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!

my 2 cents:
    I'd suggest using a CT laser on a pocket gun to groove in your steadiness of your hand and breath control at the range for a few minutes, perhaps using snap caps, then put that HG down and use the three dot sights of your XD-M but using the 'skill transfer' of the steadiness learned with the red dot CT to improve your aim. Sounds odd, but for me I shoot tighter groups on paper targets by grooving in a 'steady hand' with the pocket gun (Kel-Tec?), then briskly, but safely moving to your XD-M. Thought I haven't fired it much at the range on my K-T, it's helped me quite a lot in acquiring a steadier aim and a more instinctive aim just using it with snap caps at home.

The LG-448 is the right CT for the XD-M (see link below, with pics), but unless you have specific, ideal conditions it isn't very useful tactically.

OTOH, I would suggest the Viridian or the Laser-Max green laser for the XD-M because you can push button attach and detach, and you can clearly see the green one even in daylight.

What I'm getting at is a CT laser is an ideal training device with snap-caps but not so useful as your EDC. It's also hard to find a good holster right now for the trigger guard type of red laser.

http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Pro...0/Default.aspx

http://www.viridiangreenlaser.com/sp...xd-laser-sight (SXD)
    Last edited by Badger Johnson; 06-01-2011 at 10:14 PM.

I actually was looking at Grip lasers because they don't require modification or changing or holsters. As for usefulness on your carry gun, I figure I'd be a bit more safe if you could physically see a faux-hole on the target that a laser's dot makes. I know that I should have it down with lining up my iron sights fast, but I don't want to have to hope that I've trained my draw enough to actually have it perfect in a high stress situation without some insurance.

This is the XD one that I am asking about.
    http://www.crimsontrace.com/Home/Pro...5/Default.aspx

By the way, I used the smallest back strap on my XDm and the XD45 is the largest XD.
    Last edited by xxx.jakk.xxx; 06-01-2011 at 10:28 PM.
    "though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Psalms 23:4

"Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power." Benjamin Franklin

“It’s always open season on criminals in Mason County, and there’s no bag limit.” Sen. Tim Sheldon (D)

Molōn labe!