Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get Togethers

Get Togethers

All these get togethers seem to all be either on the West and South side of WI, would anyone be interested in attending, helping plan one around Oshkosh, Fon Du Lac, Appelton, Green Bay? Would really like some help with this, as I am mostly an OC virgin yet, I am available evenings and weekends.

id like to see one in appleton to

If you set it up, people will come. There was in Green Bay last year and quite a few people showed up.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    If you set it up, people will come. There was in Green Bay last year and quite a few people showed up.
    How do you know ? You didn't attend.. You consider THREE ( including the guy that set it up, paid to have a picnic area reserved at Bay Beach & bought enough food & drink for 40 ) people quite a few ? I will never again even think about setting one up again, way too much expense, then no one show's up, after like 25 said they would be there. I have better things to do with my time and money.. I will be throwing a private BBQ bash in my Back Yard this July but that's by invite only...
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 06-01-2011 at 08:37 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    How do you know ? You didn't attend.. You consider THREE ( including the guy that set it up, paid to have a picnic area reserved at Bay Beach & bought enough food & drink for 40 ) people quite a few ? I will never again even think about setting one up again, way too much expense, then no one show's up, after like 25 said they would be there. I have better things to do with my time and money.. I will be throwing a private BBQ bash in my Back Yard this July but that's by invite only...
    Well excuse me. From Sussex to Green Bay is ~120 miles. I was at one of them last year, which if I recall correctly, was the one Landon the Ghost setup, which was the one that was moved from Bay Beach. The BBQ you setup, if I recall correctly, I was unemployed (January through March). Glock, if you want to accuse me of doing something or not, fine, but remember what events I've been to and which ones I have not. I am one member of over 4,000. WCI does not revolve around me. I am a single member, just like everyone else. I don't see you flaming any of the WCI leadership for not being at all the events. Are they any more important than anyone else? No! They go about their lives just like everyone else. This isn't only about events, this is about teaching other people about their rights.

Now, if you can remember that, that would be greatly appreciated.
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

OH SNAP!!! Here we go again! Another repeat!

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack

To the OP, post up your meet and greet and see what the interest level is. Go from there.
    In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Well excuse me. From Sussex to Green Bay is ~120 miles. I was at one of them last year, which if I recall correctly, was the one Landon the Ghost setup, which was the one that was moved from Bay Beach. The BBQ you setup, if I recall correctly, I was unemployed (January through March). Glock, if you want to accuse me of doing something or not, fine, but remember what events I've been to and which ones I have not. I am one member of over 4,000. WCI does not revolve around me. I am a single member, just like everyone else. I don't see you flaming any of the WCI leadership for not being at all the events. Are they any more important than anyone else? No! They go about their lives just like everyone else. This isn't only about events, this is about teaching other people about their rights.

Now, if you can remember that, that would be greatly appreciated.
    IF YOU RECALL CORRECTLY the one Landon the Ghost setup was 2 years ago ( the big OC picnic ) where like 90 people attended.

NOW, i was NOT flaming you or anyone else, chill ------- out !! I did simple asked you if you considered 3 people showing up to be a well attended function. I don't attend OC functions that are half way across the state because it is too far, Gas being expensive and all, plus I run a business so my time is Valuable.

But I also don't rsvp a party then NOT show up..LIKE MANY DID.... that's rude since the guy that is organizing it is FORKING OUT a bunch of money for the Food, Drink, condiments,etc..based on the number of RSVP's ( I will be there's ) I don't flame people for not showing up, I also did not flame those that didn't show up after RSVPing..but I should have !

Using the unemployed ( Jan -March ) excuse won't cut it...The Party was in early June & Bay Beach is only open Late May through early Septemberish

This isn't only about events, this is about teaching other people about their rights.....----------

COMMENTS EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR TO REMOVE CREATIVE CURSING
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 06-01-2011 at 09:34 PM.
    http://youtu.be/xWgVGu3OR4U AACFI, Wisconsin / Minnesota Carry Certified. Action Pistol & Advanced Action pistol concepts + Urban Carbine course. When the entitlement Zombies begin looting, pillaging, raping, burning & killing..remember HEAD SHOTS it's the only way to kill a Zombie. Stockpile food & water now.

Please support your local,county, state & Federal Law enforcement agencies, right ???

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post

To the OP, post up your meet and greet and see what the interest level is. Go from there.

you set up an event. have 40 people RSVP then only have 2 show up after you spend $ 150.00 of food, drink, etc...let's see how willing you will be to organize another one....

Another option (that won't involve much cost) is holding an event at a restaurant. You could do a walk later. We did that at the second culvers meet in Madison. We walked state street after dinner. And if there is only a few people that show up, big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mlutz View Post
    Another option (that won't involve much cost) is holding an event at a restaurant. You could do a walk later. We did that at the second culvers meet in Madison. We walked state street after dinner. And if there is only a few people that show up, big deal.
    Yea...what he said....

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock34 View Post
    COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack you set up an event. have 40 people RSVP then only have 2 show up after you spend $ 150.00 of food, drink, etc...let's see how willing you will be to organize another one....

In God I trust. Everyone else needs to keep your hands where I can see them.

As far as the price of gas being a factor, I can relate. Somewhere in here is the "Car Pool" thread I started a while back...

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Let's try this a new way

June 25th 1:00

Culver's
    1580 S. Koeller Street
    Oshkosh, WI 54902
    920-231-6028

Quote Originally Posted by Gomir View Post
    Let's try this a new way

June 25th 1:00

Culver's
    1580 S. Koeller Street
    Oshkosh, WI 54902
    920-231-6028
    Hardballer has one goin on June 25th. If some folks from Green Bay or NE WI are thinking of going this would be in the way of that. I would shoot for a different date.

well there is the reason I asked for some help, was trying to space things out a little bit so maybe could get some interest. With things happening on the 3rd and the 25th, that would leave the 11th and 18th for this month, anyone interested in either of those dates, or is that too much in one month?

Glock34, your right it was rude of the RSVP's to not show up. But I think it's a bit of a stretch to jump to I will never do one. Why not just change the way you do it like was mentioned? I'm all for picnics, restaurants, whatever. But me personally I would make it a bring what you want\potluck kinda picnic, or a prepay. Or just do a restaurant somewhere. Don't get all upset because you got burned. Yea it sucks some times but we should be learning from our mistakes too.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

McX
    Glock, as i recall we realy tried to get up by you. bad storms that nearly destroyed my boat, and the threat of more turned us back. but i'll square at least my end; PM me your address, and i'll send you some cash to offset my not showing at least. fair is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by McX View Post
    Glock, as i recall we realy tried to get up by you. bad storms that nearly destroyed my boat, and the threat of more turned us back. but i'll square at least my end; PM me your address, and i'll send you some cash to offset my not showing at least. fair is fair.
    You had a very valid excuse, The severe weather that day was to the far south and the far North of Green Bay. I am not like that, so I will not give you my address Those hats were very nice, I still appreciate it.
    Last edited by GLOCK21GB; 06-02-2011 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    Glock34, your right it was rude of the RSVP's to not show up. But I think it's a bit of a stretch to jump to I will never do one. Why not just change the way you do it like was mentioned? I'm all for picnics, restaurants, whatever. But me personally I would make it a bring what you want\potluck kinda picnic, or a prepay. Or just do a restaurant somewhere. Don't get all upset because you got burned. Yea it sucks some times but we should be learning from our mistakes too.
    Agree ! I did learn a lesson, don't plan a party for the general public at your own expense. Hold Private functions

Quote Originally Posted by oak1971 View Post
    Oak must really like mindless Lame TV shows made for metrosexuals.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Angry It does suck.

First of all, he's entitled to his feelings. Feelings are neither good nor bad, they just are.

Second, I know what it is like to have people commit to something and then just not show up... it sucks. Particularly when we are supposed to be such an honorable group of people, taking our cues from Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, and Hamilton. "Your word is your bond".

Third, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".

Fourth, this was at a time when get-togethers were still very uncommon and Glock34 was trying to keep the ember alive by fronting his own time, money, and organizing expertise to fan the flames. He got shat on for his efforts and still continues to take heat... unbelievable.

I like you, Motofixxer, but you need to learn the skills of understanding other viewpoints and not judging feelings. Why don't you use your gifts of hindsight, problem solving, and social skills to plan your own get-together; you're kinda' centrally located, the weather is beautiful, and there's
    plenty of open dates.
    Last edited by davegran; 06-03-2011 at 07:07 AM.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    First of all, he's entitled to his feelings. Feelings are neither good nor bad, they just are.

Second, I know what it is like to have people commit to something and then just not show up... it sucks. Particularly when we are supposed to be such an honorable group of people, taking our cues from Washington, Jefferson, Franklin, and Hamilton. "Your word is your bond".

Third, "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me".

Fourth, this was at a time when get-togethers were still very uncommon and Glock34 was trying to keep the ember alive by fronting his own time, money, and organizing expertise to fan the flames. He got shat on for his efforts and still continues to take heat... unbelievable.

I like you, Motofixxer, but you need to learn the skills of understanding other viewpoints and not judging feelings. Why don't you use your gifts of hindsight, problem solving, and social skills to plan your own get-together; you're kinda' centrally located, the weather is beautiful, and there's
    plenty of open dates.
    Thanks Dave for being the one that understood what I was saying. I appreciate it.

I completely, understood what he was saying and why he felt that way. I made the assumption that was why he decided to fund it. I just decided not to write a book about the whole thing and simply made a short friendly suggestion. Sometimes we all need a friendly, nudge about jumping the gun on something or whatever. Or a comment to pick ourselves back up, and get back on the horse.

Somehow, I doubt Glock34 was offended or hurt by anything I said. I think he understood what I was saying. If you look at my choice of words, I was carefull to not criticize him for anything. We all have to remember that not all connotations transmit through printed text.

I was simply saying we have probably all gotten burned. I personally have gotten burned by close friends, family and strangers for much more than $150. Does that mean, I quit doing what I do. No, I learned from it and changed the way I do things. So I was just making a suggestion from experience. If anybody doesn't like what I said, fine. We are all entitled to our opinions, and feelings. If someone wants to use what I said to further their mental growth, great, if not. That's fine too, no harm no foul.

And I have planned a Get Together. It didn't turn out so well for the 5 attending and the shiny bracelets were not very pleasant. But I have my reasons for not planning more.
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

I completely, understood what he was saying and why he felt that way. I made the assumption that was why he decided to fund it. I just decided not to write a book about the whole thing and simply made a short friendly suggestion. Sometimes we all need a friendly, nudge about jumping the gun on something or whatever. Or a comment to pick ourselves back up, and get back on the horse.

Somehow, I doubt Glock34 was offended or hurt by anything I said. I think he understood what I was saying. If you look at my choice of words, I was carefull to not criticize him for anything. We all have to remember that not all connotations transmit through printed text.

I was simply saying we have probably all gotten burned. I personally have gotten burned by close friends, family and strangers for much more than $150. Does that mean, I quit doing what I do. No, I learned from it and changed the way I do things. So I was just making a suggestion from experience. If anybody doesn't like what I said, fine. We are all entitled to our opinions, and feelings. If someone wants to use what I said to further their mental growth, great, if not. That's fine too, no harm no foul.

And I have planned a Get Together. It didn't turn out so well for the 5 attending and the shiny bracelets were not very pleasant. But I have my reasons for not planning more.
    I understood what ya meant, it's all good Enjoy this beautiful weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast