• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Get Togethers

Gomir

All these get togethers seem to all be either on the West and South side of WI, would anyone be interested in attending, helping plan one around Oshkosh, Fon Du Lac, Appelton, Green Bay? Would really like some help with this, as I am mostly an OC virgin yet, I am available evenings and weekends.

protias

If you set it up, people will come. There was in Green Bay last year and quite a few people showed up.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
If you set it up, people will come. There was in Green Bay last year and quite a few people showed up.

How do you know ? You didn't attend.. You consider THREE ( including the guy that set it up, paid to have a picnic area reserved at Bay Beach & bought enough food & drink for 40 ) people quite a few ? I will never again even think about setting one up again, way too much expense, then no one show's up, after like 25 said they would be there. I have better things to do with my time and money.. I will be throwing a private BBQ bash in my Back Yard this July but that's by invite only...

Last edited:

protias

How do you know ? You didn't attend.. You consider THREE ( including the guy that set it up, paid to have a picnic area reserved at Bay Beach & bought enough food & drink for 40 ) people quite a few ? I will never again even think about setting one up again, way too much expense, then no one show's up, after like 25 said they would be there. I have better things to do with my time and money.. I will be throwing a private BBQ bash in my Back Yard this July but that's by invite only...
Well excuse me. From Sussex to Green Bay is ~120 miles. I was at one of them last year, which if I recall correctly, was the one Landon the Ghost setup, which was the one that was moved from Bay Beach. The BBQ you setup, if I recall correctly, I was unemployed (January through March). Glock, if you want to accuse me of doing something or not, fine, but remember what events I've been to and which ones I have not. I am one member of over 4,000. WCI does not revolve around me. I am a single member, just like everyone else. I don't see you flaming any of the WCI leadership for not being at all the events. Are they any more important than anyone else? No! They go about their lives just like everyone else. This isn't only about events, this is about teaching other people about their rights.

Now, if you can remember that, that would be greatly appreciated.

oak1971

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack

To the OP, post up your meet and greet and see what the interest level is. Go from there.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Well excuse me. From Sussex to Green Bay is ~120 miles. I was at one of them last year, which if I recall correctly, was the one Landon the Ghost setup, which was the one that was moved from Bay Beach. The BBQ you setup, if I recall correctly, I was unemployed (January through March). Glock, if you want to accuse me of doing something or not, fine, but remember what events I've been to and which ones I have not. I am one member of over 4,000. WCI does not revolve around me. I am a single member, just like everyone else. I don't see you flaming any of the WCI leadership for not being at all the events. Are they any more important than anyone else? No! They go about their lives just like everyone else. This isn't only about events, this is about teaching other people about their rights.

Now, if you can remember that, that would be greatly appreciated.

IF YOU RECALL CORRECTLY the one Landon the Ghost setup was 2 years ago ( the big OC picnic ) where like 90 people attended.

NOW, i was NOT flaming you or anyone else, chill ------- out !! I did simple asked you if you considered 3 people showing up to be a well attended function. I don't attend OC functions that are half way across the state because it is too far, Gas being expensive and all, plus I run a business so my time is Valuable.

But I also don't rsvp a party then NOT show up..LIKE MANY DID.... that's rude since the guy that is organizing it is FORKING OUT a bunch of money for the Food, Drink, condiments,etc..based on the number of RSVP's ( I will be there's ) I don't flame people for not showing up, I also did not flame those that didn't show up after RSVPing..but I should have !

Using the unemployed ( Jan -March ) excuse won't cut it...The Party was in early June & Bay Beach is only open Late May through early Septemberish

This isn't only about events, this is about teaching other people about their rights.....---------- :)

COMMENTS EDITED BY ADMINISTRATOR TO REMOVE CREATIVE CURSING

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran

To the OP, post up your meet and greet and see what the interest level is. Go from there.

you set up an event. have 40 people RSVP then only have 2 show up after you spend $ 150.00 of food, drink, etc...let's see how willing you will be to organize another one....

Mlutz

Another option (that won't involve much cost) is holding an event at a restaurant. You could do a walk later. We did that at the second culvers meet in Madison. We walked state street after dinner. And if there is only a few people that show up, big deal.

Outdoorsman1

Another option (that won't involve much cost) is holding an event at a restaurant. You could do a walk later. We did that at the second culvers meet in Madison. We walked state street after dinner. And if there is only a few people that show up, big deal.

Yea...what he said....

Outdoorsman1

oak1971

COMMENTS REMOVED BY ADMINISTRATOR: Personal attack you set up an event. have 40 people RSVP then only have 2 show up after you spend $ 150.00 of food, drink, etc...let's see how willing you will be to organize another one....

tumblr_lje4hmZYHq1qhiwq6o1_400.gif

Outdoorsman1

As far as the price of gas being a factor, I can relate. Somewhere in here is the "Car Pool" thread I started a while back...

Outdoorsman1

Gomir

well there is the reason I asked for some help, was trying to space things out a little bit so maybe could get some interest. With things happening on the 3rd and the 25th, that would leave the 11th and 18th for this month, anyone interested in either of those dates, or is that too much in one month?

Motofixxer

Glock34, your right it was rude of the RSVP's to not show up. But I think it's a bit of a stretch to jump to I will never do one. Why not just change the way you do it like was mentioned? I'm all for picnics, restaurants, whatever. But me personally I would make it a bring what you want\potluck kinda picnic, or a prepay. Or just do a restaurant somewhere. Don't get all upset because you got burned. Yea it sucks some times but we should be learning from our mistakes too.

M

McX

Glock, as i recall we realy tried to get up by you. bad storms that nearly destroyed my boat, and the threat of more turned us back. but i'll square at least my end; PM me your address, and i'll send you some cash to offset my not showing at least. fair is fair.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Glock, as i recall we realy tried to get up by you. bad storms that nearly destroyed my boat, and the threat of more turned us back. but i'll square at least my end; PM me your address, and i'll send you some cash to offset my not showing at least. fair is fair.

:) You had a very valid excuse, The severe weather that day was to the far south and the far North of Green Bay. I am not like that, so I will not give you my address :) Those hats were very nice, I still appreciate it.

Last edited:

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Glock34, your right it was rude of the RSVP's to not show up. But I think it's a bit of a stretch to jump to I will never do one. Why not just change the way you do it like was mentioned? I'm all for picnics, restaurants, whatever. But me personally I would make it a bring what you want\potluck kinda picnic, or a prepay. Or just do a restaurant somewhere. Don't get all upset because you got burned. Yea it sucks some times but we should be learning from our mistakes too.

Agree ! I did learn a lesson, don't plan a party for the general public at your own expense. Hold Private functions :)