• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The need to carry everywhere its legal....

smithman

http://www.jsonline.com/newswatch/122907328.html

Worker forced at gunpoint into cooler at Brookfield Subway

An employee of Subway, 21250 W. Capitol Drive, told police he was forced into a cooler at gunpoint by a man wearing large sunglasses and a hood just before 8 p.m. May 28. The man took cash from the business before leaving, he said.

Police Capt. Jim Adlam said responding officers were unable to find the perpetrator.

Security camera footage from a neighboring business shows the man enter the store, Adlam said, and fleeing through a back door.

The only employee on duty followed the robber's orders to go inside a walk-in cooler and count to 100, Adlam said.

The robber is described as a white man between 18 and 25 who is no taller than 5 feet 8 inches.

Yes, there is no safe area, even in normally peaceful Brookfield. I have carried at this particular Subway before (next to adventure rock). Did you also hear about these daytime burglaries in B-field? http://www.brookfieldnow.com/news/122906513.html
Evil can find you anywhere, anytime. Have a lifesaver on your hip.

MKEgal

Post this over in the "no need for a gun?" thread, if it isn't already.

And I have to point out that this story is obviously fake.
First off, robbery is illegal, so nobody would do it.
Secondly, the employee said the robber had a gun concealed under his sweatshirt.
We all know that's illegal in WI, so of course he didn't do that either. [/sarcasm]
:banghead:

theoicarry

Post this over in the "no need for a gun?" thread, if it isn't already.

And I have to point out that this story is obviously fake.
First off, robbery is illegal, so nobody would do it.
Secondly, the employee said the robber had a gun concealed under his sweatshirt.
We all know that's illegal in WI, so of course he didn't do that either. [/sarcasm]
:banghead:

That is ok MKE, we need training frist??? And of course we cannot CC either??? Are the criminals requird to have traning and a back ground check?

Badger Johnson

Yes, not a bad idea, but it's got a ton of pitfalls. We don't want to prevent the rural G-mom from pulling out her dad's WWII pistol and eliminating the threat of a perp crawling in the window, and do you really need training in that event? He's there halfway in the window with a gun in his waistband and she opens the drawer in the kitchen and says 'get out!'. He puts one foot down and she blasts him. Cut and dried. (as in she skins him and makes jerky. :shocker: )

Then what is the best training? Pertinent laws? Operation of the equipment? Range work (for a 3-5ft shoot, c'mon)? The four rules (safety).

You can't get everyone to a class though most have the 'Net (even grannies in the Ozarks?)

$.02