• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

GRNC Alert 6-1-11: HB 650 Passes House Judiciary C

senojkj

Grass Roots North Carolina, P.O. Box 10665, Raleigh, NC 27605, 919-664-8565, www.GRNC.org

GRNC Alert 6-1-11:
HB 650 Passes House Judiciary C

HB 650, the massive gun bill we have been telling you about is now passed in House Judiciary C Sub-Committee. We now need you to contact the full House list to express your support for this important bill.

To recap:

HB 650 is a huge and aggressive bill, meaning it will be difficult to pass. But if passed, it will go far toward reversing the creeping encroachment on gun owners' rights perpetuated in previous sessions of the legislature, including (but not limited to):

* Castle Doctrine (yet another vehicle for popular Castle Doctrine is now moving);
* Reducing penalties for carrying firearms on "educational property," including a protection against accidentally becoming a criminal by requiring that offenders "knowingly" brought the gun onto educational property;
* Enabling concealed carry at events for which admission is charged;
* Reducing penalties for a host of minor (often inadvertent) gun violations;
* Adding protections for gun owners whose guns are confiscated pursuant to domestic protective orders;
* Improves concealed handgun reciprocity to straight recognition of out-of-state permits;
* Removes provisions for concealed handgun applicants under which sheriffs are conducting intrusive investigations of medical history; and
* Enabling employees to keep guns in locked vehicles at places of employment.

IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED

* CONTACT ALL MEMBERS of the NC House (copy and paste list below).

DELIVER THIS MESSAGE

Dear Representative:

I am writing to urge your support of HB 650, "Amend Various Gun Laws." It is vital that this important bill become law. It will provide such needed measures as Castle Doctrine. It will provide for the defense needs of our citizens as well as providing important legal protections.

I will be following the progress of this bill with great interest through the alerts of Grass Roots North Carolina.

Sincerely,

A Concerned North Carolina Voter

CONTACT THESE LEGISLATORS

Larry.Bell@ncleg.net, William.Brisson@ncleg.net, Garland.Pierce@ncleg.net, Ray.Rapp@ncleg.net, Winkie.Wilkins@ncleg.net, Michael.Wray@ncleg.net, Bill.Faison@ncleg.net, Rick.Glazier@ncleg.net, Frank.Iler@ncleg.net, Joe.Tolson@ncleg.net, Edith.Warren@ncleg.net, Bill.Cook@ncleg.net, Nelson.Dollar@ncleg.net, Jean.Farmer-Butterfield@ncleg.net, Mike.Hager@ncleg.net, Dewey.Hill@ncleg.net, Carolyn.Justice@ncleg.net, James.Langdon@ncleg.net, Marvin.Lucas@ncleg.net, William.McGee@ncleg.net, Marian.McLawhorn@ncleg.net, Gaston.Pridgen@ncleg.net, William.Wainwright@ncleg.net, Harry.Warren@ncleg.net, Kelly.Alexander@ncleg.net, Marilyn.Avila@ncleg.net, Jeff.Barnhart@ncleg.net, Hugh.Blackwell@ncleg.net, John.Blust@ncleg.net, Jamie.Boles@ncleg.net, Glen.Bradley@ncleg.net, Bill.Brawley@ncleg.net, Larry.Brown@ncleg.net, Rayne.Brown@ncleg.net, Harold.Brubaker@ncleg.net, Justin.Burr@ncleg.net, George.Cleveland@ncleg.net, Jeff.Collins@ncleg.net, Jim.Crawford@ncleg.net, Bill.Current@ncleg.net, Leo.Daughtry@ncleg.net, Jimmy.Dixon@ncleg.net, Jerry.Dockham@ncleg.net, Elmer.Floyd@ncleg.net, Dale.Folwell@ncleg.net, Phillip.Frye@ncleg.net, Mitch.Gillespie@ncleg.net, David.Guice@ncleg.net, Kelly.Hastings@ncleg.net, Mark.Hilton@ncleg.net, Mark.Hollo@ncleg.net, Bryan.Holloway@ncleg.net, Julia.Howard@ncleg.net, Pat.Hurley@ncleg.net, Dan.Ingle@ncleg.net, Linda.Johnson2@ncleg.net, Bert.Jones@ncleg.net, Jonathan.Jordan@ncleg.net, Ric.Killian@ncleg.net, Stephen.LaRoque@ncleg.net, David.Lewis@ncleg.net, Danny.McComas@ncleg.net, Darrell.McCormick@ncleg.net, Pat.McElraft@ncleg.net, Grey.Mills@ncleg.net, Tim.Moffitt@ncleg.net, Tim.Moore@ncleg.net, Bill.Owens@ncleg.net, Shirley.Randleman@ncleg.net, Efton.Sager@ncleg.net, Ruth.Samuelson@ncleg.net, Norman.Sanderson@ncleg.net, Mitchell.Setzer@ncleg.net, Tim.Spear@ncleg.net, Paul.Stam@ncleg.net, Edgar.Starnes@ncleg.net, Fred.Steen@ncleg.net, Sarah.Stevens@ncleg.net, Michael.Stone@ncleg.net, Thom.Tillis@ncleg.net, Roger.West@ncleg.net, Marcus.Brandon@ncleg.net, John.Faircloth@ncleg.net, Ken.Goodman@ncleg.net, Charles.Graham@ncleg.net, Susi.Hamilton@ncleg.net, Craig.Horn@ncleg.net, Chuck.McGrady@ncleg.net, Frank.McGuirt@ncleg.net, Rodney.Moore@ncleg.net, Tom.Murry@ncleg.net, Phil.Shepard@ncleg.net, John.Torbett@ncleg.net

----------------------
Contribute to the cause! Give generously to protect your rights.

http://grnc.org/join_grnc/contribute.htm

----------------------
You may find your NC STATE representative by going here:
http://www.grnc.org/contact_reps.htm

You may write your FEDERAL congressman by going here:
http://www.house.gov/writerep/

You may write your FEDERAL senators by going here:
http://www.senate.gov/
-------------------
Support these PRO RKBA merchants who, as GRNC sponsors, are supporting your Second Amendment rights:

Hyatt Gun Shop, 3332 Wilkinson Blvd., Charlotte, NC 28208, 704-394-0387, www.hyattguns.com
C & E Gun Shows, 4225 Fortress Drive, Blacksburg, VA 24060; Phone 540-953-0016 or 888-715-0606; http://www.cegunshows.com/
Dixie Gun and Knife Shows, PO Box 21049, Raleigh, NC 27619, ph: 919-781-1287, www.dixiegunandknifeshow.com/
Ryan & Nina Leonard, Down South Ammo, Home of "SOUTHERN THUNDER" Exploding Targets, http://downsouthammo.com/
Duncan Gun & Pawn, 414 Second St., North Wilkesboro, NC 28659, 336-667-6303, www.duncangun.com
Shooter's Express, 2 Caldwell Dr., Belmont, NC 28012, 800-358-GUNS, www.shootersexpress.com
The Aisle Pawn Shop, 216 N. Main St., Mooresville, NC 28115, 704-663-5656
Gunner's Alley, LLC, 203 N. Harrison Ave., Ste. 130, Cary, NC 27513, www.gunnersalley.com, 919-388-1991, contact: Ed Guerriero, ed@gunnersalley.com
Patrick J. Phelan, Lake Norman Firearms, Inc., 20823 N. Main Street, Cornelius, NC 28031, www.lknfirearms.com, 704-892-7839
Vanguard Security Consulting, LLC, 19135 W. Catawba Ave, Cornelius, NC 28031
DoubleD Media, 8300 Raintree Lane, Charlotte, NC 28277, ph: 704-650-5555, fx: 704-544-0326, donna@doubledme.com

Maverick9110e

Got 1 Response. I'm sure this means they don't support it, they just don't want to say it:

Thank you for your email. We are always glad to hear the opinions and concerns of our constituents. Representative McComas wanted me to let you know that he is currently researching HB 650 and will take your email into account as he reviews the bill.

Thank you again for contacting us. If we can ever be of service, please do not hesitate to call our office.

Brandon Smith
Legislative Intern
Office of Representative Daniel McComas

Last edited:

EricDailey X-NRA

Time to Pile On

Email is great to reach folks.
There are other 2A groups online for posting.
I've put this on my FB.
I will print a copy and post it in 2A friendly shops.
I will hand it out while OC'ing.
Put some copies in your car and hand them out anywhere in NC.

We are many they are few.

Snaquebite

Got 2 auto responses similar to the above an this one.....

I agree with you 100% and will vote for HB 650.
Thank you for writing.
Would you like to be on my email list?

Sincerely,
Speaker Pro Tem Dale Folwell

spydermn

Got this in response
Thank you again for your email. Please be assured that as a CCW holder, I intend to remain supportive of 2nd Amendment Rights throughout all steps of this bill.

I will be voting to support H650 at each step, right up to the final vote on 3rd reading on the House floor.
Regards,

Jonathan
Rep. Jonathan C. Jordan
93rd District – Deputy Majority Whip
Office 418C
Phone: (919) 733-7727
Email: jonathan.jordan@ncleg.net