• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Status of SB93 & AB69 as of 5/31

protias

Protects you in your vehicle, home, and your business. What about out in public? :(

BROKENSPROKET

Protects you in your vehicle, home, and your business. What about out in public? :(

Haven't finished reading. Might be some time. We shall see.

If not, is would be an easy ammendment later this session or next session. I don't think the want to jump to Stand Your Ground without giving Castle Doctrine a little alone time on the books.

BROKENSPROKET

Haven't finished reading. Might be some time. We shall see.

LoSorte from the NRA wanted 'residence' changed to dwelling. He aslo wanted language based on facts and evidence, not a reasonable belief. "RESIDENCE" is deleted and "forcably entering" was changed to 'criminal act' whick opens it right up and I like it.

I LIKE IT.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
The plot thickens...

Awesome! They added vehicle and place of business. These are the amendments the NRA spoke of when they said the original bill didn't work for them. They had said they were going to get an amendment attached to fix the issues.
Yeah, that's great; just how do we use deadly force in a vehicle, throw a GPS at 'em? This is useless without concealed carry and useless in a school zone without permitted carry. The NRA is either stacking the deck against CC or they didn't do their homework, which is pretty unlikely... the plot thickens.

M

McX

Not yet, these amendments were for Castle Doctrine. No new published amendments on SB93 as of yet.

somebody heard they'll be yakking about something tomorrow. tomorrow might be a good day.

never to be left behind, the shop took down it's old Open Carry OK this facility, and put up the new Open, Permit, and Constitutional Carry ok this facility. i hope i listed everything. i thought the new laws would make this easier!

Last edited:

protias

I don't like this part:

2) the individual against whom the force
was used had identified himself or herself as a peace officer (or was or should have
been known to be a peace officer)

Next thing you know criminals will be yelling out "police!" as they break in.

afterimages

Identify

Wouldn't the word 'identify' mean some sort of verifiable badge, etc?

I don't like this part:

was used had identified himself or herself as a peace officer (or was or should have

Big Dipper

I don't like this part:

2) the individual against whom the force was used had identified himself or herself as a peace officer (or was or should have been known to be a peace officer)

Very interesting.

It does not even include the phrase (identify himself...) "to the actor". So, just prior to the execution of the "no-knock" raid, all of the officers say to themselves in a whisper "I am a police officer". Then proceed to blast the door in.

Then they want to continue depriving LACs of rights in the name of "officer safety"!

Last edited:

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Home Invaders ARE Yelling "Police" As They Break In....

I don't like this part:

It happened many times when I lived in Florida.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVhdK8nL9l0

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY0zbH8uUjA

Link: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/06/27/20080627abrk-homeinvasion0627.html

Link: http://www.ktar.com/?nid=6&sid=879606

There are literally thousands of these scattered across the U.S.

paul@paul-fisher.com

M

McX

pulled this off of Vicki's site:

It is what it is--HERE are details of tentative compromise on CCW:

Details:

1. permit required

2. training required

3. open carry protected

4. transport rules changed to allow carrying in cars--you will not be required to unholster/unload/lock your guns while in your car if you have a permit. same goes for OC.

5. no public database maintained. no public access to database

6. uses florida model of training/licensing--which simplifies the training process

7. 5 year renewal period.

8. military, hunters safety participants, law enforcement, former law enforcement, and anyone who has already received licensed instruction will be exempt from training requirement

9. no felony for carrying w/o permit

10. no fingerprinting for permit

11. training classes will be one day, and not require live-fire range (meaning sim-training will suffice)-- cost expected to be around $50 for training

12. 1000 ft school zone will be lifted for permit holders ONLY

13. no changes to long gun rules

14. anyone who can buy a gun can obtain a permit

15. changes in the law to protect OCers from "take down" mentality of some police dept (madison, milwaukee, et al)

Hmmmm, have we been fitted with collar, and chained, have we been given a pat on the back, are we........dragged down by the stone?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jebt8V0BySM

protias

pulled this off of Vicki's site:

It is what it is--HERE are details of tentative compromise on CCW:

Details:

1. permit required

2. training required

3. open carry protected

4. transport rules changed to allow carrying in cars--you will not be required to unholster/unload/lock your guns while in your car if you have a permit. same goes for OC.

5. no public database maintained. no public access to database

6. uses florida model of training/licensing--which simplifies the training process

7. 5 year renewal period.

8. military, hunters safety participants, law enforcement, former law enforcement, and anyone who has already received licensed instruction will be exempt from training requirement

9. no felony for carrying w/o permit

10. no fingerprinting for permit

11. training classes will be one day, and not require live-fire range (meaning sim-training will suffice)-- cost expected to be around $50 for training

12. 1000 ft school zone will be lifted for permit holders ONLY

13. no changes to long gun rules

14. anyone who can buy a gun can obtain a permit

15. changes in the law to protect OCers from "take down" mentality of some police dept (madison, milwaukee, et al)

Hmmmm, have we been fitted with collar, and chained, have we been given a pat on the back, are we........dragged down by the stone?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jebt8V0BySM

That's the tentative amendment to the bill. Hopefully it gets voted down. I spoke with the assistant to Zipperer and he says there may not be enough votes for Constitutional Carry.